GTA / MTA Starwars Mod - MTASW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[edit]

Deleted:

Cuz after reading some post i got my answer.

BTW this mod looks good but why not make it SA?

I mean after you'r done with the VC mod you'r gona (maybe) convert it to SA right?

Oh i just saw the video and it look promising.

How did you add new sound to GTA?

I tryed to find some sound exporters or anything that will change GTA sounds but i didn't find anything.

So what did you use?

WTF BBQ Rebel lol. That looked pretty cool.

Kamazy and dcxbox the aspect of converting to SA has been discussed by us quite extensively. Being the main modeller and organiser of the 3D mechanics in the mod, the learning curve for implementing all models, sfx, text, animations, characters and vehicles into SA would fall on me. VC and SA are very different and so far I only have a grounded knowledge in modding Vice City.

It would be better for publicity if we were making the mod for SA, I personally prefer the VC engine. If you remove the huge existing map from SA, which we would be doing, I cant see the advantages the game has over Vice City; except for smoother graphics. As far as multiplayer we could get the MTA devs to release a client that accepts the modifications of MTASW, so not having blue yet is not too much of a problem.

The main problem once again is me being able to mod SA. For MTASW we are adding new character models and animations, and i dont think the tools are available yet for replacing character models; plus CJ has more bones in his skeleton than all the other peds.. just adds complications.

PS. Kamazi the tool for replacing audio in VC and GTA3 is called Lithjoe's GTA3 Audio editor.

Small update:

battle_droid_ingame_1.JPG

battle_droid_ingame_2.JPG

lambda_shuttle_1.JPG

scout_trooper_1.JPG

podracer3.JPG

tatooine_caves_sample_1.JPG

For MTASW we are adding new character models and animations, and i dont think the tools are available yet for replacing character models; plus CJ has more bones in his skeleton than all the other peds.. just adds complications.

I'v been editing SA for some time now and CJ does not have any extra bones then the peds. He is made of a lot of parts but has no extra bones.

And all SA models Have more bones then VC models. But it's am easy convertion. And you don't have to use CJ as a game model just make peds and use then. :)

And you can use Kam's (g)max scripts to import replace and however edit GTA:SA models,Characters,Animation,map and just about everything.

[edit]

Oh i see you'r using z-modeler and kam's script only works with (g)max but i know their are SA scripts for z-modeler

[edit/]

If you need anykind of Tool to edit SA tell me i got them all. 8)

PS. Kamazi the tool for replacing audio in VC and GTA3 is called Lithjoe's GTA3 Audio editor.

Thx but i was looking for a SA audio editor. ( I can't find any)

BTW: Those models are awlsome!

I just hope they arn't too high poly cuz i heard of some problems with high poly models in VC.But i hope they are none. this mod look great. (And i'm not a star-wars fan)

[edit]

I asume that spaceship will be a plane. But the planes in VC suck. :P

And that two huge engine thing i asume will be a bike. But It's hardcoded with 2 wheels. Are you gona have some invisible wheels or something?

I asume that spaceship will be a plane. But the planes in VC suck. :P

And that two huge engine thing i asume will be a bike. But It's hardcoded with 2 wheels. Are you gona have some invisible wheels or something?

actually, practically none ofthe vehicles in starwars have wheels, so making the wheels invisable is our best option.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Initially this will be a small town based around Mos Eisley space port on the planet Tatooine, (Luke and Anakin Skywalkers desert covered home planet). Black_Dragon has begun to design buildings for this using some reference images we located, Johnline, another talented modeller, will also be creating buildings for this area.

Hey I was thinking since this is a crossover series TC why not make your own city like Star Wars: Vice Eisley. Or something like that. It gives you a little more freedom to ad new stuff. Having alot of popular characters are cool but try and make sure the story has a origonal theme. Do you have a story writer?

I would very much like to be involved in this project. I am a 3d modeller, and I would like to join the team in the section of Environment. I'm working on housing district for you guys now.

I have a three questions as well.

Walkers:

Will it be possible to make a walking animatin when the car/model goes into drive to simulate walking, or create some sort of walking script. I think this will be a big part in these vehicles.

Laser Fire:

Is it possible?

Are enemies going to be possible like animals/monsters?

HEY YOUR FORUM IS NOT LETTING PEOPLE REGISTER, AND WHERE IS YOUR EMAIL X)

hi asonofashadow, and thanks for your interest.

at the moment zero progress is being made on the mod sadly. me and Talidan we're the last people to work on it 2 months ago, we were even playing it online, yet some things messed up and then we hit a dry spell. but this mod can by all means kick back off, we still have a lot of work to do to make a whole desert, yet on the other hand we have a LOT of work done. so much that i hate to see it go to waste. a lot of the city is done; just needs optimising, and we have sorted out some vehicles and peds. I like the name vice eisley, yet at the same time i'de like to see the name "mta starwars" stay consistent; so that if this thing ever gets done members of the community might see and remember the mod name and remember when it was just a pipe dream.

in answer to your questions we've looked a lot into trying to turn vice city into mos eisley graphically and audibly, however it is very difficult to say make a ATAT Walker or even a monster that is bigger than the vice city bipeds. because of this limitation we will be sticking to bipeds as characters and car replacements. we will however get the cars to fly and have been looking into a very nice way to control flight in vehicles. we are planning for vehicles to hover even when idle in midair by binding a 0 gravity effect the the vehicle when the player is in it, and binding the flying cars cheat to vehicles that we want to be flyable.

another exciting thing we are implementing is pod racing, i've been working on anakin's pod racer and have devised a pod racing track. The pods themselves we hope are to behave quite like the real thing by replacing some of the bikes with them. this means they will bank left and right and have a certain degree of back/forward tilt. the moving parts of the original bikes like the front and rear forks, wheels, handlebars can be assigned to parts like the carriage on the pod, the main bike parts to the engine, the wheels to the purple electric arc etc.

Laser fire is possible and has been done through the particle.txd.

if you're still interested and serious about helping we could really use another modeller, as its just myself at the moment and talidan on textures hud coding and getting online.

join us in irc at irc.multitheftauto.com in the #mtasw channel for the best means of communication.

at least on irc johnline HAS to use paragraphs :roll:

i like the idea of making custom map parts, ive never been a fan of modelling after blueprints/reference, scratch is often more original imo

so id say, model what you feel like, anything you submit helps, im not really an active or a member with authority so jl and tali have to decide :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...