Why not show player acl?

Turbe$Z

local acl = getPlayerAcls(thePlayer)
dxDrawColorText ("#00BAFF" .. getPlayerName(player) .. " " .. state .. "" .. " (" .. tostring(acl) .. ")", sx-w, sy - offset, sx, sy - offset, tocolor(r,g,b,textalpha), player ~= g_Me and textscale*NAMETAG_TEXTSIZE or (textscale*NAMETAG_TEXTSIZE)/1.5, srfont, "center", "bottom", false, false, false )                    local drawX = sx - NAMETAG_WIDTH*scale/2

how to fix this? :S 

This why not working?

--client

local admin = getElementData(getLocalPlayer(), "Admin") 
					dxDrawColorText ("#00BAFF" .. getPlayerName(player) .. " " .. state .. "" .. " (" .. admin .. ")", sx-w, sy - offset, sx, sy - offset, tocolor(r,g,b,textalpha), player ~= g_Me and textscale*NAMETAG_TEXTSIZE or (textscale*NAMETAG_TEXTSIZE)/1.5, srfont, "center", "bottom", false, false, false )                    local drawX = sx - NAMETAG_WIDTH*scale/2

--server

addEventHandler("onPlayerLogin",root, 
function() 
if isObjectInACLGroup ( "user." .. getAccountName ( getPlayerAccount ( source ) ), aclGetGroup ( "Admin" ))then 
setElementData(source,"Admin",true) 
end 
end) 

You were going correct till you set "Admin" to true a better key should be something everyone could use. Setting a key like "PlayerAcl" and the value of it to the name of the acl is good.

Like this:

local admin = getElementData(getLocalPlayer(), "PlayerACL") 
dxDrawColorText ("#00BAFF" .. getPlayerName(player) .. " " .. state .. "" .. " (" .. admin .. ")", sx-w, sy - offset, sx, sy - offset, tocolor(r,g,b,textalpha), player ~= g_Me and textscale*NAMETAG_TEXTSIZE or (textscale*NAMETAG_TEXTSIZE)/1.5, srfont, "center", "bottom", false, false, false )                    local drawX = sx - NAMETAG_WIDTH*scale/2
function() 
  if isObjectInACLGroup ( "user." .. getAccountName ( getPlayerAccount ( source ) ), aclGetGroup ( "Admin" ))then 
  	setElementData(source,"PlayerACL","Admin") 
  end 
end) 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Loki said:

You were going correct till you set "Admin" to true a better key should be something everyone could use. Setting a key like "PlayerAcl" and the value of it to the name of the acl is good.

Like this:

local admin = getElementData(getLocalPlayer(), "PlayerACL") 

function() 
  	setElementData(source,"PlayerACL","Admin") 
  end 
end) 

and how can i add more acl? i tried this:

elseif isObjectInACLGroup ( "user." .. getAccountName ( getPlayerAccount ( source ) ), aclGetGroup ( "Everyone" )) then 
  	setElementData(source,"PlayerACL","") 

but doesn't working "Everyone", and "Admin" working fine. :S 

after you setElementData you should use break or return in the function so everything else does not get overwritten.

Here's a better way of doing it,

This function i made returns the first acl it detects the player is in

local allowed= "Admin,SuperModerator,Moderator,Everyone" 

function hasPermission(player)
	local ACLs = split(allowed, ',')
	for _, group in pairs(ACLs)do
		local ACLgroup = aclGetGroup ( group )
		if ACLgroup then
			local accName = getAccountName(getPlayerAccount( player ))
			if isObjectInACLGroup ( "user.".. accName, ACLgroup ) then
				return group
			end
		end
	end
end

function()
    local acl = hasPermission(source)
	setElementData(source,"PlayerACL", acl)
end) 

If you want you can edit the order of the ACL groups in the allowed var.

its best to order it from highest rank to lowest

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mr.Loki said:

after you setElementData you should use break or return in the function so everything else does not get overwritten.

Here's a better way of doing it,

This function i made returns the first acl it detects the player is in

local allowed= "Admin,SuperModerator,Moderator,Everyone" 

function hasPermission(player)
	local ACLs = split(allowed, ',')
	for _, group in pairs(ACLs)do
		local ACLgroup = aclGetGroup ( group )
		if ACLgroup then
			local accName = getAccountName(getPlayerAccount( player ))
			if isObjectInACLGroup ( "user.".. accName, ACLgroup ) then
				return group
			end
		end
	end
end

function()
end) 

If you want you can edit the order of the ACL groups in the allowed var.

its best to order it from highest rank to lowest

Thanks!!! :D Working! :D

But, i got error by another function

attempt to index local 'str' (a boolean value)

function dxDrawColorText(str, ax, ay, bx, by, color, scale, font,alignX,alignY,clip, wordBreak, postGUI)
  local pat = "(.-)#(%x%x%x%x%x%x)"
  local s, e, cap, col = str:find(pat, 1)
  local last = 1
  while s do
    if s ~= 1 or cap ~= "" then 
      local w = dxGetTextWidth(cap, scale, font)
      dxDrawText(cap, ax, ay, ax + w, by, color, scale, font,alignX,alignY,clip, wordBreak, postGUI)
      ax = ax + w
      color = tocolor(tonumber("0x"..string.sub(col, 1, 2)), tonumber("0x"..string.sub(col, 3, 4)), tonumber("0x"..string.sub(col, 5, 6)), 255)
    end
    last = e+1
    s, e, cap, col = str:find(pat, last)
  end
  if last <= #str then
    cap = str:sub(last)
    dxDrawText(cap, ax, ay, ax + w, by, color, scale, font,alignX,alignY,clip, wordBreak, postGUI)
  end
end	

How to fix this? :(

this happens because the player element data for "PlayerACL" isn't set and is returning false

a simple bypass is to just convert str to a string so if u see a player with false as acl they just need to relog

you can make a function that loops the players and sets their "PlayerACL" to their acl name onResourceStart

function dxDrawColorText(str, ax, ay, bx, by, color, scale, font,alignX,alignY,clip, wordBreak, postGUI)
  local str = tostring(str)
  local last = 1
  while s do
      ax = ax + w
      color = tocolor(tonumber("0x"..string.sub(col, 1, 2)), tonumber("0x"..string.sub(col, 3, 4)), tonumber("0x"..string.sub(col, 5, 6)), 255)
    end
    last = e+1
  end
  if last <= #str then
  end
end	
9 minutes ago, Mr.Loki said:

this happens because the player element data for "PlayerACL" isn't set and is returning false

a simple bypass is to just convert str to a string so if u see a player with false as acl they just need to relog

you can make a function that loops the players and sets their "PlayerACL" to their acl name onResourceStart

local str = tostring(str)
  local last = 1
  while s do
      ax = ax + w
    end
    last = e+1
  end
  if last <= #str then
  end
end	

like this?

addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart",root,
function()
end)

Yeah but you need o loop through all the players and instead of root use resourceRoot because using root means all elements including other resources

addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart",resourceRoot,
function()
	local players = getElementsByType"player"
	for i,plr in pairs(players)do
		local acl = hasPermission(plr)
		setElementData(plr,"PlayerACL", acl)
	end
end)

8 minutes ago, Mr.Loki said:

Yeah but you need o loop through all the players and instead of root use resourceRoot because using root means all elements including other resources

addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart",resourceRoot,function()	local players = getElementsByType"player"	for i,plr in pairs(players)do		local acl = hasPermission(plr)		setElementData(plr,"PlayerACL", acl)	endend)

and how to remove 'false' text from not logged in players?
with isGuestAccount?

Also i forgot to consider the players who have not logged in yet this fix checks if the player has logged in

addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart",resourceRoot,
function()
  local players = getElementsByType"player"
  for i,plr in pairs(players)do
    if not isGuestAccount(getPlayerAccount(plr))then
      local acl = hasPermission(plr)
      setElementData(plr,"PlayerACL", acl)
    end
  end
end)
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mr.Loki said:

Also i forgot to consider the players who have not logged in yet this fix checks if the player has logged in

addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart",resourceRoot,function()  local players = getElementsByType"player"  for i,plr in pairs(players)do    if not isGuestAccount(getPlayerAccount(plr))then      local acl = hasPermission(plr)      setElementData(plr,"PlayerACL", acl)    end  endend)

now connected my friend to the server, and he does not have admin, but show "Admin" text in her name. O.o how to fix this? :S 

Edited by Turbo777