Just askin...

Guest Fugitive

I'm waitin 4 MTA blue very long time and it never comes out(never saw it come out) and I would ask if the team could release it like it is right now...(if it goes 2 play with it on the internet)... And then release updates and so... It's just... I do not have patiense anymore...

Cheers Fugitive

Some of use are not patient anymore. we are starting to beileve that Blue is a hoax, because we do not see any type of progress, and especially no media. If MTA Team could release one type of trailer that is close to 3 minutes long, then we will regain faith in Blue, but the MTA Team cannot find an hour in their lives to create a little trailer

Not trying to be rude or anything, I love what you guys have done with the previous versions, but can we see some progress? not by changing the progress bar by 5% every 5 months, but a little video, or more screenies :D

• MTA Team

even if we show media, how woudn't you know it was made with 0.5? you can't.

The team has been working on Blue for more then 18 months now and in that time a lot has happend. Internally we are even using version numbers :!: . We have had blue in a state where it was playable and then there are times when blue is completly unplayable.

At this moment we are working on rebuilding the pieces. We can not show anything because we have all these pieces at this moment but the puzzle isn't finished. The reason there isn't any media is because there is nothing to show at this moment.

Also Eagle, making a trailer takes a lot of time. You need hours of of movies to select shots out of them and then you need more hours to edit it all together.

let me show you what i mean: the following screenshot is as old as Blue:

s31.jpg can you tell me from what version it is?

Well now, why would you lie to your community? I understand it takes alot of work, and I understand how hard it can be, But ok, if you are not ready to release media for Blue, can you release media for 0.5.5? Just to see how things are shaping up. I totally respect you guys, and I admire what you do, but please release a VIDEO, Please.

Since you obviously missed this part, I'll quote it:

Also Eagle, making a trailer takes a lot of time. You need hours of of movies to select shots out of them and then you need more hours to edit it all together.

I'd prefer that they spent time developing 0.5.5 rather than making fancy movies.

Also, as Blokker said, things are liable to change during development. They're wary of showing features that may not be in the final release for stability reasons. There are loads of examples of this during the course of MTA's history, such as the smoothness videos of 0.4 which had to be removed. Also people tend to speculate too much, such as Bump's screenshots of sync testing which used a custom scm with pedestrians left in. Lots of people thought this meant that peds had finally been synced for MTA.

All you guys always asking for movies, screens and stuff. And some people say the progress was only 5 % in 5 months. The last is stupid, read other topics then, there's written clearly blue is rebuild from 65 % to 0 and now got to 70 %. Why are you guys not just happy blue is coming. There is a lot of time spend in it and i can't wait either to see blue but just wait for 0.5.5 first and forget about the movies and screens. I wanna see 2 but blue is ready when its ready. In much topics is asked the same and always the same answer its ready when its ready, why don't u guys just wait then? all the devs say that...

All you guys always asking for movies, screens and stuff. And some people say the progress was only 5 % in 5 months. The last is stupid, read other topics then, there's written clearly blue is rebuild from 65 % to 0 and now got to 70 %. Why are you guys not just happy blue is coming. There is a lot of time spend in it and i can't wait either to see blue but just wait for 0.5.5 first and forget about the movies and screens. I wanna see 2 but blue is ready when its ready. In much topics is asked the same and always the same answer its ready when its ready, why don't u guys just wait then? all the devs say that...

Well most people have been waiting long for blue, and there hasn't been an update. Once after the blue info, there was hardly anything or nothing at all about blue. Once you wait for a long while, having no updates at all, people begin to lose faith, and suspect something. The team doesn't have to give screenshots or videos, they need to give info on the progress.

EX:

"The reason we have taken so long on an update was because we have rewritten blue. We have made a lot of progress and learned a few things while making the mod. Today we have synced drive bys, but we won't be sure if it is in the final release."

That is all there is to it. It hurts no one, because it is an update. Positive, or negative it does not matter. This shows more progress is being made into blue.

Eagle: your posts insinuating its a hoax or we are lying arent worthy of a reply so henceforth I shall not refer to them.

The reason there isn't any media is because there is nothing to show at this moment.

Not strictly accurate, there are things that could be shown. Driving, movement, shooting etc. But trailers prove very little, they show contrived things happening in contrived ways.

Requests for media are pointless, I'm sure everybody would like pictures every day, movies every hour, blue RIGHT NOW to play, but it wont be happening until we decide the time is right I'm afraid. And a few people aggressivly demanding it as if its some kind of right of theirs to see these things is far more likely to have an adverse effect, encouraging us to release no information at all.

Basically if we require any advertising or public relations assistance we will ask for it, in the meantime let us decide when and how to release information, Thankyou.

A good example of why we won't release a video for blue is that most of the images you've all seen on the blue info website no longer their respective elements.

The gui has been scrapped and is in the process of being rewritten because of a newer (future-proof), much better version. Therefore, the image you see of the gui on the mta blue info site doesn't represent what the gui will look like come release time.

Give us time guys and gals, we're working hard. Just be a little more patient.

-Derek

Just be a little more patient.

We were patient Derek, for 2 years. I understand you guys work very hard, and once again I say, I respect that. It's just that after 2 years of waiting patiently, some people cannot take it anymore. I'am a patient person, because I hardly play computer games at all. I usually spend my time, trying to learn VB 6.0 or C++, or I just communicate with my peers. So I understand that you guys cannot succeed at making some BLUE Media at this moment, So I'll just stop asking and leave you guys alone.

:arrow: Lock Request

Just be a little more patient.

We were patient Derek, for 2 years. I understand you guys work very hard, and once again I say, I respect that. It's just that after 2 years of waiting patiently, some people cannot take it anymore.

Actually, although the project has been going on since october 2003, the public hasn't known about it until only recently (compared to that timeframe).

-Derek

I think the entire team is aware of the frustrations of this community. However, we are not willing to risk the quality of the next technology for the sake of releasing it just to make the public "happy".

Thank you for your concern.