laggggg

these tournements r brill ideas dont get me rong. but there so annoyin playing other clans that arnt in the same country as u,coz theres lots of lag and they cant be shot ,the tournements will be so much better in blue.

[i cant w8 4 blue less lag, more fun :) ]

Some players call laggers n00bs. This is not true. Some people lag (like me :P ) but they play very well. They shoot where you think where your gonna go then if you get hit, and they get perfect timing, that is not a n00b. Lag has effect on the lagger as well.

these tournements r brill ideas dont get me rong. but there so annoyin playing other clans that arnt in the same country as u,coz theres lots of lag and they cant be shot ,the tournements will be so much better in blue.

[i cant w8 4 blue less lag, more fun :) ]

sorry to disappoint you mate, but until everyones internet is delivered through a glass fiber cable rather than a telephone line, there will always be lag in online games. you'll just have to get over it and learn to live with it.

Talidan: dont mistake latency for lag

DBCLance: it is, you will, but that has nothing to do with lag, And anyone posting misleading information indicating lag free play, which is impossible in any online game, will be removed.

there's lag in every online game (even in lan, just at such a small amount that it has little/no noticable effect), but that doesn't mean on every game you have to 'guess' where the player is moving and shoot there. games such as cs have both server and client side checks that ensure that if you shoot them on the client, they will get shot remotely on all other clients.

a large factor of mta's lag is the fact that their animations force movement (which is a preventable factor by the way). i don't think this is the case for gta3, hence why on foot movement looks smoother.

another factor is the packet encryption/other security they've added the client, which has resulted in a lot more calculations occuring per second then in previous versions.

something else that may contribute to the lag is that the ping/chat/other outgame features reside on the same protocol as ingame sync (your position, animation, car, etc). i doubt that this has too much of a difference though. i'm not wanting to get too technical here, but its just a thought.

and lastly, in my opinion - the interval at which packets are sent is too slow, but thats up to the developers really. 56k users may have serious problems if the interval was decreased, especially for larger servers.. it may result in more of a downgrade then an upgrade.