Problem concerning Client

KLT

Question

Hello guys,

I am a player of MTA since already 5 years, and i'd like to thank first all the team of MTA, for all their work and their passion to make this game enjoyable. If i'm here, it's because of problem that i have since a new update.

In fact, since i've done this update, my antivirus (AVG) detected something dangerous for my own computer and asked me to delete this thing to prevent any damage to my computer. I didn't had any problem with the client before this random update (maybe caused by something else). Now to play, i have to disable my antivirus to prevent his message of danger, and its tentative of blocking the game.

Moreover, i've already reinstalled the game and it still says me that the program of MTA is infected.. so the deal is that i have to play without antivirus and it's not the first time that i have such problem. For instance, the new patcher of League of Legend seems to be also a threat for my antivirus (because it detects something dangerous and try to disable its danger). However, i do not know if it's truly related to MTA update, or something that infected a private server of somebody.

This dangerous thing is called "cefweb.dll", that's the thing that my antivirus detected as a threat. Yet, this object causes real impact in game like typing random thing whereas you have never written that, or another thing like sending messages to people that you never wrote.. I'm not the only in this case, i already talked with one guy who has the same problem. I wonder if it's possible to fix this problem, even if it's a light problem (you don't see the content of the message that you sent, strange thing typed that you never typed). It stays an insolved problem in my opinion.

Sincerely, KLT

Edited by KLT

6 answers to this question

It's the 3nd time, my antivirus deleted the cefweb.dll (MTA 1.5.3) and it makes MTA unable to function, i mean, i can launch the client, join the server but it suddendly closes. That means i'll have to play without my antivirus if i want to play.. I finished the installation, but i had to close my antivirus to prevent the deletion of the dll.

I got the link :

http://upload.mtasa.com/u/637161430/cefweb.dll_

I've taken a link to download again MTA, it was a version of MTA 1.5.3 (r11164), i do not know if it could help you (maybe it's a useless sentence, my apologizes).

Edited by KLT

I already was playing without my antivirus (since i have the same problem on the new patcher of Riot Games, yet Riot has not fixed this problem whereas i wasn't playing for 2 months). So i have played about twenty minutes, i hope that's enough for a while, and i have uploaded again the dll cefweb to your link.

Okay that rolls, so it's my antivirus that is outdated because i have not done any updates since a lot of time. That could be the explaination about my problem.. Yes it is a free version, and i forget when and where i have downloaded this antivirus to answer from your question.

Thus, i believe that i'll have to update it (someday), but it doesn't annoy me to play without antivirus in this case. Hmm i suppose that it was a mistake from me, because it means that the problem comes from my antivirus and not from your dll, right ?

Edited by KLT