Major FPS Drop/Slow Rendering With Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031

jakey1995abc

Question

Since updating to the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build (15031) My FPS in MTA is constantly below 5FPS. This happened instantly after the update, yet the game ran completely fine prior to updating (with shaders, HD textures installed etc...). All other games are still running fine, as normal, including the original GTA:SA. This problem only exists with Multi Theft Auto. I've tried completely reinstalling GTA:SA and Multi Theft Auto + running as admin but nothing has made a difference. So I am posting this as a warning to all Windows 10 users and in hope that someone may know of a way to fix this issue. 
P.S. IF YOU ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE REPLY WITH YOUR SPECS!

Specs:
GPU= Asus GTX770 OC Edition (Overclocked) (Latest Nvidia Drivers)
CPU= AMD FX8350 @ 4.4ghz
RAM= 32gb ram @ 1866mhz 
STORAGE= 2tb WD black 7200rpm

11 answers to this question

Same problem here. Updated last night and today I have max 28 fps.
About the specs - I don't really think that this will help in any way. Even with a beast PC the game lags really hard.

More info about the problem: The game runs smoothly when you open it (Main menu) but once you join a server it starts lagging. The lag stays even after server disconnect.

I hope the dev team will take it serious and check what's happening!

Edited by toni012899
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, toni012899 said:

Same problem here. Updated last night and today I have max 28 fps.
About the specs - I don't really think that this will help in any way. Even with a beast PC the game lags really hard.

More info about the problem: The game runs smoothly when you open it (Main menu) but once you join a server it starts lagging. The lag stays even after server disconnect.

I hope the dev team will take it serious and check what's happening!

Thanks! that is the exact same bug as I was trying to describe. It's nice to hear I am not the only one with an issue for once xD

• Like 1
17 hours ago, toni012899 said:

I submitted the issue in the bug tracker.
Use this page to keep yourself in touch: https://bugs.multitheftauto.com/view.php?id=9548

Just to add, I also noticed that after joining a server it would also make Windows itself lag if you alt tab out. It was only a small amount of lag but it was enough for key presses to get ignored when typing in web browsers. So this may be a bug that Microsoft will have to fix?

Yeah hopefully Microsoft will have that fixed in the next build.
No one of the MTA Dev team is gonna download and install the latest Insider preview build of Windows 10 just to analyze the problem soo we only have to hope that Microsoft will take care of it.

The 15013 buid was released few days ago so we will have to wait aprox. 1 month for the next update. :(

2 minutes ago, jakey1995abc said:

Have you tried disabling any of the new features in the newest update through regedit or gpedit.msc? That might possibly fix the issue if it is caused by a new or updated feature. I would try this myself but I don't have access to my computer for a few days.

The thing they have improved the most is the Game Bar and the other stuff is just fixes of old features. 
I used to have problems with the games cuz of the Game Bar so it's all the time disabled. But now disabling it doesn't help :/

On 2017-2-13 at 16:05, toni012899 said:

The thing they have improved the most is the Game Bar and the other stuff is just fixes of old features. 
I used to have problems with the games cuz of the Game Bar so it's all the time disabled. But now disabling it doesn't help :/

I've noticed that it seems to be impossible to disable gamemode. I have 3 machines all on this update and all of them revert game mode back to "on" when you reopen the settings page. I've even tried registry edits and editing group policies but nothing seems to have actually disabled it :/

1 hour ago, jakey1995abc said:

I've noticed that it seems to be impossible to disable gamemode. I have 3 machines all on this update and all of them revert game mode back to "on" when you reopen the settings page. I've even tried registry edits and editing group policies but nothing seems to have actually disabled it :/

Yeah I have noticed that too but from Microsoft told me that the toggle button is broken and it shows always ON even if it's disabled. I edited the registry value and even after restart it stays disabled. 

I suggest you to do that: Rollback to the previous build if you didn't delete it. This is what I have done so now I can play MTA.