Need help with ports (VPS)

MegaFire

Question

Hello everyone, my problem is i've buy a VPS for opening a MTA server but i cannot open the default gateway ip on the address bar to open the internet router for opening my server ports. I've tried with firewall to open ports in inbound and outbound but when i check ports they are closed. Is there any way? without opening router how i am suppose to open ports? I would be very thankful if someone can figure out, if anyone of you had VPS for MTA can help me?

1 answer to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Check the VPS's host panel/service configuration for another firewall layer with connection rules; disable it, or open the ports there if required.

Generally VPS has unfiltered connection and they let the user configure it through software firewall, in most cases just Windows Firewall.

Check for any other firewall they may supply their servers with, or else it's either 1) you configured the ports in Windows Firewall incorrectly, 2) you got another layer of firewall (as said before, check hosting configuration panel if the hoster offers it) or 3) if both are to no avail, the hoster is simply filtering the traffic.

An hosting company filtering ports without you being able to control it is the rarest thing I've ever seen, so you're most likely just doing something wrong.

If none of the steps I mentioned work, you'll have to contact Support of the hoster offering the VPS, to ask what's going wrong and ask for forwarding procedures.