MTA start game wont work plz help

Hi,

i installed Mta for gta vc and i got i clicked on the program and i put in my nickname and then i clicked on servers then double clicked a server then it sed Warning:Your Vice City game version could not be be determined (defaulting to version 1.0). then i clicked ok. then i clicked on a server to play on then i clicked start game and then it sed find gta.exe to play on then i located that then i clicked start game and nothing happened. Plz help me ive been trying to work this out for days plz help me.

well delete the file again if its still in there then if u have ati graphics card u got to the ati site, if u have nvidia then u go to there site, and after u deleted that file, u gotta run the same in sp sort your res and controls out, then start game in sp after all the cut scenes quit game, reinstall mta then try

Also there was a file inside it called GTAVCsf1.b, should i delete this? Would this solve my problem?

That's just the savegame file, don't delete it unless you want to complete everything again.

I'd say the safest solution is to get a fresh install of VC installed, then reinstall Multi Theft Auto. Just get rid of that LC crap :P

Guys do u think i would hav to download mtaserver.exe (patch)

No.

If single player doesn't work then the problem obviously isn't with MTA. My advice: uninstall GTA and then go to your Program Files directory and make sure that all of the files are gone (if not, delete them). Then delete your gta-vc.set file in My Documents and reinstall GTA and then MTA.

You could also try installing newer video, sound and/or chipset drivers (it wouldn't hurt).