GTA SA can not find audio card

Bilal135

Question

Everything was working fine until my PC broke, and then I had to get it fixed plus a new fresh windows. The C drive was completely reset and D and E files were still there (including GTA SA and MTA SA). 

I see this X sign on volume icon on the bottom right which says "No speakers or headphones plugged in". When I try running GTA SA, it says "GTA SA can not find audio card installed" and when I try to run MTA SA, it says "MTA SA was not installed properly, please reinstall."

Any help regarding this issue? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

If you mean this: 

Spoiler

Al2Cg8q.png

Then it's probably your pc. For me, this error occurs whenever I don't have my audio device (Headphones/Speakers) plugged in. If it's plugged in then i get no error(s). Incase you've already plugged your headsets and it still says the same, You gotta install Realtek Audio Drivers

Edited by Om.
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Please download, extract and run MTADiag and follow the instructions.

Press 'n' when asked.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you in this topic

Both the 'X' sign you named on taskbar at volume icon (+ your sound then doesn't work) and the error means either you got no proper driver installed for the soundcard, or it's not physically present. After posting the log we'll redirect you to the right drivers.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 hour ago, Dziugasc said:

Try installing Realtek AC'97 Audio it worked for me

That depends on which audio card he has, it means you had the AC'97 onboard audio. But it's one not used much anymore.

Let's just wait for his log so we can see what he uses and recommend the right driver, no speculation on which audiocard he uses.