Project image

Captain Cody

How would I go about projecting a picture, and have it display on every object (That the picture is projected on) with right positioning and what not . I'm trying to accomplished vehicle lighting similar to this

Dirt-3-Mac.jpg

Instead of using extremely laggy pixel per lighting the lights here are actually a picture that is projected on the objects. SA uses a similar system, but way less advanced than what I'm trying to do. (And if I'm not mistaken Gta 4 and 5 both use it for vehicle lights)

(Sorry about having no base script or anything; I know Lua, but not too much FX)

Edited by CodyJ(L)

The mayor issue with projected paint is the fact, that it draws a texture only to one side (for example car roof) and when reaching the sides (vehicle door) the projected texture gets stretched, this may not be an issue however when using a light texture that gets projected into the front direction of a car... Doesn't solve the issue that there will not be any lighting, which is what he wants to do, but it should be relatively “easy“ to brighten all pixels that are affected by the effect using the alpha channel of the used texture to calculate light strength.

28 minutes ago, Einheit-101 said:

The mayor issue with projected paint is the fact, that it draws a texture only to one side (for example car roof) and when reaching the sides (vehicle door) the projected texture gets stretched, this may not be an issue however when using a light texture that gets projected into the front direction of a car... Doesn't solve the issue that there will not be any lighting, which is what he wants to do, but it should be relatively “easy“ to brighten all pixels that are affected by the effect using the alpha channel of the used texture to calculate light strength.

Well soon as you figure out that non sense hit me up aye.

Edited by CodyJ(L)
1 hour ago, Ren_712 said:

>> The mayor issue with projected paint is the fact, that it draws a texture only to one side (for example car roof)

Duh

http://www.rastertek.com/dx11tut43.html

I'll send Einheit-101 and CodyJ(L) an example. It uses different projection matrix (you will need perspective matrix function from projected_paint)

@Ren_712 is there any chance you can send an example this way cause fx is really something i want to learn and this can comd in handy with my new upcoming rpg server.