Port forwarding

NICHOLAS#

Question

Hello there,
for some reason I can't make the ports become open. As supposed, I set up the virtual servers like this:

hs1CzpB.jpg

h7ETTl1.jpg

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I started searching for help and learned that I may need to add new rules in the Windows Firewall.

9vjRDIU.jpg

L4zGsro.jpg

And so I did, both in Inbound and Outbound rules. (they are all set up correctly). And again - it didn't work...

xtX61yz.jpg

I don't know what to do anymore... Please, help.

5 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

What's the router model? Do you have more config pages like ''virtual servers'' on the router configuration page? (e.g called just ''forwarding'' or ''port triggering'')

Does the router act as a switch or repeater or is it the one delivered by the ISP (provider) that makes direct contact with the internet? (modem-like)

Temporarily disable the Windows firewall service instead of just adding those rules (I can't see how you set them up just from the titles);

- Start > Run > ''services.msc'' then find ''Windows Firewall'' rightclick it > properties, then ''stop'' the service. No need for now to set the service state to ''disabled'', this is only a means of testing if the firewall is anyhow involved in blocking the ports. (this way, after restarting your PC the firewall service is running again)

After doing that, test MTA server once again. Let me know

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

The router model is Huawei B315. I have the following config pages:

PnWj5zy.png

It was delivered by the ISP, and yeah, it directly makes contact with the internet. I already tried completely disabling the firewall, however, it didn't yield any results. Perhaps it's the ISP who is not allowing port forwarding at all?

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Open the ''NAT Settings'' tab as shown on your screenshot, and make sure it's set to ''Cone NAT'' instead of symmetric.

cYpHdH2.jpg

If that didn't fix it, try disabling UPnP from its tab (something it may cause trouble combined with manual forwarding) and eventually reboot the router completely from the configuration page.

Incase nothing of this still solves it, I got a method to prove if your internet is filtered by the provider if you are sure this router is connected directly to your ISP line without intermediating other modems; click the ''DMZ Settings'' tab and enter your local IP of the MTA server PC. This would force all ports open and completely exposes your PC to security breach risks, so make sure to only use it for this testing purpose without thinking ''Oh, it works now, that's fine''.

If that works (DMZ) and the first other steps I gave not, let me know and we can further troubleshoot for it.

• Like 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
7 hours ago, NICHOLAS# said:

Changing the DMZ settings didn't work at all. 

This would mean there's filtering by ISP, as it should always force it to work.

Unless.. something is up with the PC you're trying it with. Make sure to follow my earlier instructions to completely disable Windows Firewall.

Check if any thirdparty firewall is running.

To limit the possibilities of ISP (provider) filtering, please test with another PC if that didnt work. Make sure that PC also got the firewall disabled.

• Like 1