MTA Crash

Epozide

Question

14 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Please download, extract and run MTADiag and follow the instructions.

Press 'n' when asked.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you in this topic

I'm still going to ask you to atleast temporarily disable your anti-virus and trying to launch MTA/connect there in the minute it's disabled. Because you can easily exclude the problem being related to the issue with this method. Please try that and let know or the support will end here (knowing whether or not it's related is vital)

Also, when trying these steps make sure to first re-install MTA (as you said the dll was deleted by antivirus) after disabling the AV temporarily.

Please also name which dll and if you get the chance, attach two MTADiag logs (one of before you re-installed MTA/disabled antivirus and one after)

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
2 hours ago, Epozide said:

Antivirus deletes the file too fast as its too dangerous, I don't know what is that.

Is the dll file it detects cefweb.dll and is the MTADiag log you provided from before your antivirus managed to delete it? (as you were testing with disabled antivirus)

Most likely a false positive, or another virus on your PC is injecting malicious code into the dll affected (the primary virus not being detected, but infecting other files in the background..) you know best which DLL file is detected/deleted, so please temporarily disable antivirus and then zip up that dll file (disabled antivirus allows you to reach and archive the file) and password the dll ''infected'' & upload to http://upload.mtasa.com and post the file link in this topic please.

2 hours ago, Epozide said:

deletes the file too fast as its too dangerous

Do you mean it's some kind of heuristics detection (like ''high risk'' or ''behaves like malware'') or a concrete signature detection (please tell me the name of virus it seems to detect if so)

Edited by Dutchman101
13 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

Is the dll file it detects cefweb.dll and is the MTADiag log you provided from before your antivirus managed to delete it? (as you were testing with disabled antivirus)

Most likely a false positive, or another virus on your PC is injecting malicious code into the dll affected (the primary virus not being detected, but infecting other files in the background..) you know best which DLL file is detected/deleted, so please temporarily disable antivirus and then zip up that dll file (disabled antivirus allows you to reach and archive the file) and password the dll ''infected'' & upload to http://upload.mtasa.com and post the file link in this topic please.

Do you mean it's some kind of heuristics detection (like ''high risk'' or ''behaves like malware'') or a concrete signature detection (please tell me the name of virus it seems to detect if so)

This is the virus which is being deleted.

http://imgur.com/a/XjFHx

You can see here it's type and name. It exists in last MTA update, probably. Because I was able to join and play before it.

The link I get when crashed: https://updatesa.multitheftauto.com/sa/trouble/?v=1.5.3-9.11138.0.000&id=A34DCD058B185140309E93EF938B95F3&tr=module-not-loadable&name=cefweb

Edited by Epozide
News
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

MTA doesn't pack malicious files and as you see it's a generic detection; chromium CEF files have caused quite some false positives before.

Once again as I asked please zip up and send the dll it says is infected; after researching the file integrity (that it wasnt infected/injected by another virus present on your PC) only then I can safely advise you to whitelist the file so the scanner ignores it.

That would only solve your problem, or the antivirus must get a fix of the false positive from its maker (to speed this up you could submit it as a false positive to them)

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
5 hours ago, gSub said:

You're retarded for using that Antivirus.

Add an exception in the AV, Google how.

MTA doesn't have any malicious files, maybe you can use a proper AV and find out.

It's true some people are overly worried about security and paranoid. I hope for Epozide he follows the instructions or else he just can't get it to work properly again, it's his call. But as I said there's still some caution involved; who knows if the dll file was arbitrarily infected by another virus his AV doesnt detect; hence why I asked him to provide me the file, so I can verify the detection nature and take his worries for whitelisting and submitting a falsepositive report away.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, gSub said:

You're retarded for using that Antivirus.

Add an exception in the AV, Google how.

MTA doesn't have any malicious files, maybe you can use a proper AV and find out.

Thank you calling me retarded in every topic, that illustrates a lot. Webroot is so stable tho.

I've made an exception and it worked! Thank you, @Dutchman101

Edited by Epozide