CTDing on loading screen for VC

Hero

Ok I've looked around the forums and have run the game in SP before trying to run MTA.

So I connect with the MTA app. and connect to a server, great, so I click start game and go to the Rockstar>VC folder and start up the game, goes over the opening movies and then to the loading screen for a split second and crashes back to desktop. I do not have 1.1 because I was going to download it...but there were warnings all over the page warning me not to download if I don't have graphics corruption, which I don't. So, any suggestions? This seems really cool and I want to try it! Thanks.

Hero you can safely try out the 1.1 patch, even though the newest video drivers have fixed the graphics corruption.

The only drawback using version 1.1 is that the player blips in the game all turn yellow, whereas in 1.0 they would have the colour of the career you choose.

I suggest testing 1.1, you could always make a back-up of your gta-vc.exe as well.

Also, have you checked if version 1.0 is selected in the client options? Open the 'options' tab where you change your nick and other settings, make sure it's version 1.0

Note: If your using a Austrailan or German exe it won't be combatible with MTA, but if you got all the way to the loading screen, it shouldn't be a problem.

Just tried it again...I don't kow why but this time it loaded up, I went to start game>Start Multi Theft Auto it loaded all the way to the end of the pink bar THEN CTDed, hey, progress!! I didn't do anything except try to play MTA with GTA3 but that didnt work at all, kept saying i had chosen an invalid exe....which I hadn't lol.

***FIXED***

no idea what happened....it just started working? lol

I'm kinda disappointed that people just run around randomly killing people even the people on there own "team" would be nice if people worke together. Also I always get kicked for "suspected trainer" now I know that is a cheat, and I sure as hell don't have any cheats. And sometimes the game will CTD with some message about auto reporting crashes was disabled in version .5 or something, I don't really know.

I'm kinda disappointed that people just run around randomly killing people even the people on there own "team" would be nice if people worke together.

You can usually get some people together and form a team, it makes it nice n fun :)

Also I always get kicked for "suspected trainer" now I know that is a cheat, and I sure as hell don't have any cheats.

Is this during the game, maybe while spawning? If yes, you're probably using the crusador career - there's a bug with this career at the moment so it's best to steer clear of it.

And sometimes the game will CTD with some message about auto reporting crashes was disabled in version .5 or something, I don't really know.

That's just the nature of beta software. There will be crashes.

I'm kinda disappointed that people just run around randomly killing people even the people on there own "team" would be nice if people worke together.

Some servers have gamemode scripts or you can try VC Stunt mode. Also, in relation to one of your previous comments, bear in mind that GTA3 requires the 1.1 patch.

And sometimes the game will CTD with some message about auto reporting crashes was disabled in version .5 or something, I don't really know.

Yeah, normally it'd come up with a dialog box asking you to submit an error report but these have been disabled because they have enough now to fix errors (apparently).

Ah yes, I was using the Crusader career! That's to bad, it's my favorite career so far lol. And I didn't know about the GTA3 part, do I need a seperate 1.1 GTA3 patch or does the one I downloaded work? I would think there would be 2 different ones but I didn't see anything about a GTA3 1.1 patch...ah well I'll check again.

And thanks for your help!

And I didn't know about the GTA3 part, do I need a seperate 1.1 GTA3 patch or does the one I downloaded work? I would think there would be 2 different ones but I didn't see anything about a GTA3 1.1 patch...ah well I'll check again.

From the Known Issues thread:

When playing GTA3 you recieve an "Invalid Executeable" error

This is probably because you are using GTA3 version 1.0 instead of 1.1. You can get the GTA3 1.1 patch here. If this doesn't work, or you already have GTA3 1.1, check you have the USA/UK exe. If not, try to obtain one.