Black screen when leaving MTA

ut0pic

Question

Recently i bought a GTX 1060 and a new monitor, before this the problem wasn't present, So, i can open MTA normally , play etc, but when i try to quit the game my screen turns completely black (i don't see the cursor too), i have either to restart the PC or disconnect and connect again the HDMI cable from the graphic card to see the screen normally, I don't know what can be this as i have the latest driver installed, Can someone help me?

4 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

It's a known problem with Windows 10 & some hardware/driver configurations, I have it too and you can also solve it by holding Windows key + P then as you cannot see what you're selecting (black screen) keep hitting arrow-down and enter after each arrow down press, this way you will force another ''projection'' mode and force-reset dwm (Desktop Window Manager is causing the problem)

But playing in borderless mode as ccw said is the best structural solution.

same problem: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/89371-both-monitors-produce-black-screen-on-exit/

It started somewhere with Windows 10 updates, also did for me. I noticed on windows support forums they shown no interest in fixing/forwarding the issue, only suggested windows key + P just as I did.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
7 minutes ago, ut0pic said:

Playing in borderles mode fixed the problem, Thanks @ccw and @Dutchman101.

Good. But unfortunately until Microsoft solves the problem or MTA patches it with workaround once the cause is known, you'll have to either live with Borderless mode (which provides subpar graphics quality and lower brightness textures, looks worse to the eyes) or keep fullscreen and time after time solve the blackscree with the Windows key + P method I explained. (or close MTA in taskmanager instead of 'quit' but that can have possible negative consequences

Edited by Dutchman101