[HELP] I can't read lua file

Kutlu35

12 hours ago, LoPollo said:

Some files (i've seen script_c and script_s) are encoded (=luac), even if the extension is .lua.

You can't edit or customize these files

Yea which earns the resource 0/5 rating even if it's working and all that. Why do they release it when it's compiled ...

5 hours ago, koragg said:

Yea which earns the resource 0/5 rating even if it's working and all that. Why do they release it when it's compiled ...

Actually if the resource is highly configurable in the meta and it's "general" (usable in every server) then i think it can be shared even compiled, if the (evil) author don't want to let other know how he did achieve that result.

This is what i think at least, everyone is free to have his own opinion

Edited by LoPollo
12 minutes ago, LoPollo said:

Actually if the resource is highly configurable in the meta and it's "general" (usable in every server) then i think it can be shared even compiled, if the (evil) author don't want to let other know how he did achieve that result.

This is what i think at least, everyone is free to have his own opinion

Do not even try to use this in a working server.Most of the times i saw players getting admin rights just because of that.Be aware for scripts you don't know and what someone gives you

you're right when you say there's a security problem with shared compiled scripts, in fact i don't use them. I was just giving an answer to "Why do they release it when it's compiled ... "

Also i agree with "0/5 rating", since the author can be "evil" as i said in my previous reply ;)

Remember: (he) don't want to let other know

Edited by LoPollo

The reason why we compiler that script is because we didn't want tot have multiple copys of oud script going arround The web without giving credits to US. We didnt added any back door (ask an MTA dev if you want). 

Wat did you exactly want tot change?

I'm btw [DenR]Danny

12 hours ago, CodyL said:

Well if you really think about it you can slip a back door into an uncompiled script by messing with the encoding of the lua file

(Trick I'll never tell a soul as to how to do)

Hmm is it the method i think you are talking about, the one not that obviously :P