[MOD]SA-MP

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boro stfu dont be a jerk :P

That tag thing is pretty neat but if the tags stay that big and spaced out, i cant see many practical uses for them besides around the corner of a building or a tree (you still probably couldnt even look around the corner with tags that big without being seen though).

News.

SA:MP direction change (Multiplayer co-op) by kyeman on 03 Sep 2005

Over the past few months we've been working on getting elements of San Andreas PC synced across a network for our multiplayer mod. Up until now we had not firmly decided what style of gameplay we would be aiming for.

At the beginning of this mod's development, I asked members of the small community we had at the time if they'd prefer deathmatch or MMO. Most people responded that they would prefer MMO style gameplay. Due to the nature of the way we write this modification, I later determined that an MMO would not be achievable for our team. We've mostly been developing with the thought that we would design some type of deathmatch/objective based system.

GTA: San Andreas is a difficult game to work with when deciding what type of gameplay will be suitable, fun, unique, and interesting. I personally was never convinced that a deathmatch, in such a large playground, would lead to any unique or interesting multiplayer experiences.

After talking with key members of the SA:MP team today, it has been decided that we will pursue a multiplayer co-op for SA:MP. Here are the full specs of what we intend to do:

> Network multiplayer co-op mode for GTA:San Andreas allowing upto 6 players.

> Synced pedestrians and pedestrian vehicles.

> Synced trains, time, weather etc.

> Playable co-operative missions against AI opponents.

> A master client model instead of a dedicated server model.

> An opportunity to sync some of the San Andreas elements, such as minigames, that would have been extremely difficult in a deathmatch/dedicated server model.

In a few words, we hope to bring a similar co-op experience to the PC that the XBox and ps2 versions had, but with no player boundries and more players within the world.

• 2 weeks later...
The SA:MP project was cancelled.

A new San Andreas multiplayer mod will be

announced which is based on the SA:MP code.

More Info:

I (kyeman) have a new full-time job which doesn't leave me with

enough time to work on SA:MP. Team member Spookie is now in control

of the SA:MP source, and will spawn a brand new MP project from it.

VC:MP, VC:MP forums and the VC:MP IRC channel will remain online

and is now lead by SA:MP team member Mike.

Links:

VC:MP/LC:MP 0.1d download page

VC:MP Forums

VC:MP Servers

VC:MP 0.1c source code

team [at] sa-mp.com

SA:MP was:

kyeman

spookie (Spooky)

mikechml

jax

XcR

Luke (Smithers)

Camaro_d00d

Kryptos

loopnz

ModelingMan

it aint totally dead, but the project SA-MP is no more :P a new one will start soon ;) good luck to kyeman with his new job though.