[MOD]SA-MP

Its not ready though cause there are a few bugs. Cars don't respawn, there is no sort of way to use your admin and a few more.

Phew... talk about bugs

Well I found the list of a few problems here they are.

I'll tell you exactly what's not there:

> You'll see there's no class selection, they were automatically issued by the server.

> There is no administration section in the server to kick or ban people.

> Vehicles created do not respawn.

> The netcode hasn't been optimised to its fullest extent. I didn't even enable the packet compression yet.

> There are a couple of bugs causing a crash, I would prefer not to release something that has too many bugs.

Yeah the sig is nice. I updated it with the sa-mp bars too.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Development started

The GTA:Connection team are coming onboard SA-MP to help create this brand new multiplayer mod. They bring with them several months of multiplayer developing experience using Vice City.

Since we already maintained close contact with the GTA:C developers and both teams are interested in creating a cool multiplayer mod for GTA:SA, this seemed like the obvious thing to do.

Development of San Andreas Multiplayer is well underway and a release is expected within 2-3 months.

Update.. i had a feeling SA-MP & GTA:C would merge

Edit: Keyman Updated his post..

• 2 weeks later...

SA-MP Update

We have captured a few screenies at our little 'testing area' showing some of our initial syncing tests. Previews:

media1.jpgmedia2.jpgmedia3.jpg

media4.jpgmedia5.jpgmedia6.jpg

Go to our Media Page to download the fullsize images.

We still have quite alot of programming to do and the first release is still estimated to be about 2 months away

Current Development Version (SA-MP 0.1): 20%

Nice screenies ..keep up the gud work ..thx for the update

Edited by Guest
Three new screens allready, and it's lookin better with each update. There seems to be quite a bit of sync in it, even at this early stage of development. It's going to be a shock at how much is done when 0.1 reaches 100%

I'm shocked its actually gonna be 0.1 it should be 1.0

Three new screens allready, and it's lookin better with each update. There seems to be quite a bit of sync in it, even at this early stage of development. It's going to be a shock at how much is done when 0.1 reaches 100%

They're starting off with nothing, so it's going to be 0.1 :P But yea, I agree. This looks like something that would've came around closer to 1.0, but hey, I'm not complaining ;)

They're starting off with nothing, so it's going to be 0.1 :P But yea, I agree. This looks like something that would've came around closer to 1.0, but hey, I'm not complaining ;)

MTA did also start with 0.1 :|

And yeah, great images at the SA-MP web. I can't wait for the release of SA-MP

MTA did also start with 0.1 :|

And yeah, great images at the SA-MP web. I can't wait for the release of SA-MP

I thought this release wasn't a beta though. It sure doesn't look like one.

I thought this release wasn't a beta though. It sure doesn't look like one.

Betas aren't necessarily buggy. It's more of a phase than a description of the quality of the program. But then again, they're not going to show you screenshots of the game crashing are they?

exactly jon. even though there is fast progress, they can't go through the beta stage in such a short time. and , like jon says, it may look great, it doesn't have to be great as well(video/screens give half information, not complete). only the team and the dedicated betatesters know, so njr you're gonna have to wait until you may betatest :lol:

I found something in the pre-release FAQ of SA-MP, ( its removed now but when the FAQ still existed ), they said when another team can do a better job than they do, they would stop creating SA-MP and give up. Maybe because MTA:SA is built upon blue, it will be better. I can't say which mod is going to be better but maybe if MTA:SA is better and they the sa-mp team gives up ( don't hope so ) they could join the MTA team, like the GTA:C team joined the sa-mp crew. You would have a lot more people to create MTA:SA and progress would go faster, and the result will be better. I hope they don't give up, but if they do, i would say they join the MTA team :).