[MOD]SA-MP

this project is led by ex mta teammember Kyeman. SA-MP is nearly one month old, and there is a video available already! with great sync! such as punching, driveby's etc, check it out!

http://www.sa-mp.com/screens/sa-mp-vicetest1.avi =full resolution version (320x240) 19MB DivX 5 codec.

http://www.sa-mp.com/screens/sa-mp-vicetest1-56k.avi =half resolution version (160x120) 7MB DivX 5 codec.

homepage: http://www.sa-mp.com offcourse :D

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks impressive stuff. The footage of boats reminded me of the weeks Kyeman and I tested different ways to get them to work in the current MTA core. The future is bright for SA multiplayer of all kinds it seems. Exciting times.

NOTE: {DBC}Lance isnt connected to sa-mp in any way (he just hangs arounda lot of GTA related sites) and I'm unsure if Kyeman visits this forum anymore so it would be a great idea to post 'keep it up' encouragement in Kyemans own forums to ensure his team see it.

{DBC}Lance isnt connected to sa-mp in any way (he just hangs arounda lot of GTA related sites)

true, im not part of their team, thats why i used the word "they", if i was part of their team, i would use the word we :wink:

and I'm unsure if Kyeman visits this forum anymore so it would be a great idea to post 'keep it up' encouragement in Kyemans own forums to ensure his team see it.
i don't think kyeman will read this topic, but some other teammembers will.
wow. it seems that sa-mp has achieved more than MTA in a much smaller time period. keep up the good work guys, this is gonna pwn mta.

I don't think MTA is going to like what you said. I like what I see, but I don't think the goal is to beat other mp mods, its to have SA online.

wow. it seems that sa-mp has achieved more than MTA in a much smaller time period. keep up the good work guys, this is gonna pwn mta.

jani...

we arent making it into a competiton, we just wana release a mod that people will play

So you are suggesting we dont 'try' now are you Jani?

You have no idea how much background went into what kyeman has achieved so far, or how much time it took him.

If you wish to insult MTA or any other mod or team that work hard to make these things that YOU then get to play for FREE, either indirectly or directly, then you will go elsewhere to do so. Either voluntarily or with some assistance.

Guys, lets try to stay on topic here. This thread is about SA-MP and not MTA, so please keep it that way.

SA-MP's progress is excellent and although we are extremely unhappy to see kyeman part ways with us, the entire team is happy with whatever he does and will support his new ventures.

Good luck to the entire team / mod and hopefully MTA, SA-MP, or some other mod will bring the best experience possible to the GTA community. Isn't that what all of us are trying to do anyways?

yawn.. same ole same ole...

oh look, someone tries to do what MTA team does! They show awesome pics and report incredible progress, everyone jump on the bandwagon of 'MTA is gonna get pwned'.

Few months later...

Nothing or something not even worth looking at.

I have not yet seen 1 other mod that has come anywhere in the same ballpark as MTA on any level, so until I actually see one working and working well, I'm not even gonna consider it. You can walk the walk but can you talk the talk is what it all boils down to.

So no mta vs the new mod war okay? It gets ugly (well someones not gonna listen anyway I know it but.. well what can ya do).

Can't say much about kyeman, I think I might have caught one word with him on IRC since I've joined these forums (or before that). Never seen him come back and flame MTA team so he must be a reasonable smart person, so why start a war between old friends?

The only wildcard about this one is that kyeman must have MTA knowledge he can use for his mod... and they should be credited for some info if he does indeed make something worthwhile (after making sucessful MP you must know how to make this thing work to some extent).

I totally agree with your post. All the mods are really the same to the same extent, But MTA is way popular and it was contructed on a better base thus MTA by far being the best. Sure it lags, But what mod doesn't? Even that mod lags. MTA Also has scripts , good interface and is tested before its released for bugs and is made sure that there is no cheating by far searching in the memory, and running processes.... I love MTA, But i think you guys should consider letting SA-MP team joining for MTA:SA since they look determined to make it good. If MTA + SA-MP combine I think both staff/teams would create a better mod overall with more coders and such. And there would be more discussions such as missions and stuff like that, gametypes w/e. I think both fans for both teams would create a better population, thus when SA comes out on 6/6 both teams can get to work on it ASAP and get it done faster then schedule.

Interesting post by kyeman

I left the MTA team late 2004, mainly because I disagreed with the direction they were taking the mod, yes. At the time of leaving I was responsible for a very large amount of code in the MTA version they call "MTA:Blue."

There's no hard feelings there though, I still chat with some of them from time to time.

Obviously having my own team gives me the ability to write a multiplayer mod the way I want to write it, and concentrate more on the stuff I think is important and less on the stuff I don't think is important.

I was still playing around with Vice City even while not on the MTA team, and I made some discoveries about GTA that convinced me there was a very simple solution to writing a multiplayer mod. This code is the basis of SA-MP.

So far I've been able to measure the progress of this mod in days, not weeks and months. We will release a video in the near future showing off some of the exciting stuff we have in store for San Andreas.

I believe kyeman said that he's hoping to create a simple and fun multiplayer mod whilst the MTA team is hoping to create something that's moddable. And that's infinitely harder to create and test.

Anyway, I'll definitely play this when it comes out. Btw, in the video, were they playing over a LAN or the internet?

we were playing over the internet..

Nothing or something not even worth looking at.

you obviously havent seen the vid then

But MTA is way popular and it was contructed on a better base thus MTA by far being the best.

how the hell do you know? have you played sa:mp, have you ANY idea what code is in it? i didnt think so, and i dont appreciate silly comments that have nothing to back them up.

• MTA Team

It is impossible to say who will be the best, Blue or SA-MP. And even when they are released there will be major differences. From what i have seen on the sa-mp forums it is most likely that SA-MP will go for a (MMO-)RPG style of gameplay while we will go for the action.

About the fast progress of kyeman : let us not forget that he has learnt a lot while being on the MTA team and that we have learnt a lot from him. Unlike other mods he didn't have to start from 0 but he knows the basics on how to do things.

you obviously havent seen the vid then

i guess not :roll:

I have not yet seen 1 other mod that has come anywhere in the same ballpark as MTA on any level, so until I actually see one working and working well, I'm not even gonna consider it. You can walk the walk but can you talk the talk is what it all boils down to.

MTA is still the oldest multiplayer mod for gta :roll: and most of the other ones are not even one year old, thats why they haven't released a version yet, since they want to make the first release as good as possible(if you were a betatester for each of the multiplayer projects, you would think different about each of them).

and you sound very unpatient, SA MP is only one month old, and look at the progress! and you are forgetting one thing, SA MP, will be a multiplayer mod for san andreas, that means, they cannot release a beta, until the game is available. and they probably will release a beta for SA first, maybe later they will make one for vc. but hey, if you only believe in playable versions, thats ok, then continue playing mta, and ignore the other mods(maybe even mta blue, since there is no playable version available for the public :roll:). talking about blue, why can you be patient for blue, which has been worked on for more then 1,5 year, but not for other multiplayer mods? they also need the time to create a nice multiplayer mod you know, it's not something you fix in a few weeks.

I totally agree with your post. All the mods are really the same to the same extent
ehm, you obviously haven't tried/ don't know much about them.
But MTA is way popular and it was contructed on a better base thus MTA by far being the best

thats your opinion, don't make a fact out of it.

Sure it lags, But what mod doesn't?

well, at that point , mta is the same as some other multiplayer mods, that have release a version :roll:

same thing for the gameplay, it's not "unique"(not that i blame the mta team for it, but i'm just showing the guy what he's talking about)

But i think you guys should consider letting SA-MP team joining for MTA:SA since they look determined to make it good. If MTA + SA-MP combine I think both staff/teams would create a better mod overall with more coders and such. And there would be more discussions such as missions and stuff like that, gametypes w/e. I think both fans for both teams would create a better population, thus when SA comes out on 6/6 both teams can get to work on it ASAP and get it done faster then schedule.
no no, and no. kyeman has left the mta team for a reason. besides, he has different plans than the mta team, so why would they work together? and i guess both teams are using slightly different methods, so :roll:

Again, lets try not to make this into a flame war guys.

SA-MP may succeed or it may not, only time will tell that. They have an excellent team and I am sure they will only grow from here.

No matter what happens, MTA and SA-MP are going to try to coexist in peace. We (and me personally) still have a good relationship with kyeman and want to keep it that way. Whether or not we merge is anybody's guess, but seeing that the mods have two different visions, I see that unlikely.

Again, good luck guys!