Import all files in meta

Iaan

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Dante383 said:

Good idea, but I would do asterisk substitute for any characters also. For example:

*.txd - all files with txt extension

file_*.txd - file_1, file_2, file_3, etc

Of course, this is another nice example.

It would be useful. But in the meantime you could use this simple shell script (if running linux):

for name in *.png #will go through all pngs, use * for all files.
do
echo "<file src=\"/images/$name\" type=\"client\" />" #$name will get replaced with file names
done

Just put it in the same directory as the files and then run simply like: ./test.sh > list.txt

Then just copy it from list.txt to meta.xml.

Hopefully someone can find it useful if they're not familiar with shell scripting.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2017 at 07:29, ozulus said:

I don't think it's really required since it can be done with any other programming languages. Just google it, there are already a few of examples.

I know it, but, why not implement this ? It's something simple and very productive.

I use a script similiar: 

On 04/03/2017 at 23:10, MIKI785 said:

It would be useful. But in the meantime you could use this simple shell script (if running linux):

for name in *.png #will go through all pngs, use * for all files.
do
echo "<file src=\"/images/$name\" type=\"client\" />" #$name will get replaced with file names
done

Just put it in the same directory as the files and then run simply like: ./test.sh > list.txt

Then just copy it from list.txt to meta.xml.

Hopefully someone can find it useful if they're not familiar with shell scripting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 05:29, ozulus said:

I don't think it's really required since it can be done with any other programming languages. Just google it, there are already a few of examples.

What if I want to make a script that automatically detects files I place in a folder?  I can think of allot of ways this will come in handy.