The way to fix portland (and maybe staunton)

njr1489

This idea is so easy to balance compared to SSV. Some people want an SSV in portland, and some people don't want it because of spawn wars. So I thought, why not a mix of both? This is the idea of spread and fun gameplay. I've been playing SSV so much, that this came into my mind, and I know what I am talking about. It is a very good idea.

Let people choose their weapon when spawning

- This is a good idea and the system works in SSV. Many of you play it and like the fact that you can choose your weapon. Why not have it in portland? Basicly in portland now, You better have money, or your screwed. You will only have a pistol and a bat against someone who has an uzi, shotgun, AK47, or a flamethrower.

Have more ammunation spots

- One ammunation isn't gonna do. There needs to be more ammunations around the whole island. You don't just want to run/drive all the way to an ammunation pretty far away from you just buy a weapon and then find out that your dead after a fight and have no money.

Have the M16, grenade, moltov (if possible)

- The M16 is a must for GTA 3. All you need to do is NOT let people spawn with it and can only be available in ammunation for about $7000. This means people have to work hard killing people in order to get it.

- About the grenades and moltovs, get them in the game, NOT let people spawn with it, but let them buy it in ammunation. If there is a glitch like the one in vc, try your best to get rid of it, or don't have it in at all.

- I'm thinking about the rocket launceher being in the game, but is it possible? If it is, put it in the game, do NOT spawn with it, and let people buy it for $10000 with about 10 rockets.

Let people choose their skin

This claude only skin is getting kind of boring. I want to see skins like, catalina, salvatore, diablos, mafia, misty, joey, luigi, and many more.

Keep the random spawning

This is the most important part of this post. Keep it. All I have to say is spreaded gameplay with SSV style of choosing weapons when you spawn. Keeping random spawning with SSV guns = spreaded game play. We won't be clustered in one spot, but all around the map. We will see dots all around the map rather than all in one part of the map. It will stop other places from being ghost towns.

Keep this in mind for staunton too. This is a very good idea because it will have everything we need for the right gameplay. My suggestion is to do this, or we will be seeing spawn wars, repetitive gameplay, only one popular part of town, and deserted parts of the map. Feel free to tell me what you think about this idea, and support it if it is a very good idea.

This should be in the new portland, and staunton, because the gameplay isn't right and is hard to gain money and weapons. What are you going to do with a bat and pistol, against someone who can kill you a lot faster? pistol vs. uzi, shotgun, AK47, or flamethrower? Won't work for me and everyone else who can't buy weapons. SSV can be the way it is, as an example of of a spawnwar mode for some people. No one plays staunton, (i'm hoping there is a change like this for it), and portland has a few people sometimes. If changes like this happened, it could even be as popular as MTA VC 0.3r2 in my opinion. Maybe it won't happen in 0.5.1, but it should be in the next release of MTA.

i agree, havinf a ssv system with random spawn could push a bit more life into portland and staunton

i think most people have played out on the current core, theres not much new coming and its mostly rather boring cause either theres not many players to fight or then they only run away or stay in cars, imo there could just be a bit more action (which has increased ALOT with svv)

dont get me wrong, mta is very nice but today id rather go play css where i can have instant action then chasing ppl thru a whole city with just a bat and a colt, ok there are other weapons but mostly ppl run away from me when they see my shotgun in my hands ;P

i just like on mta (especially ssv) that you can just jump in, select your weapon and have some minutes of easy gameplay, even if that mostly ends in a yakuza spawn war but it could be different

i also think that the game is a bit more balanced with the option to spawn with a selected weapon, i have seen alot more new players in svv having a much easier time to get into the game then if they had on portland in 0.4, there they never had any cash to buy something, many didnt know weapon pickups and most just drove around the city trying to avoid the players with the better weapons

hell im sure ive pissed alot of people off with my shotgun in portland, now in svv it isnt that much of a matter anymore cause everyone can get one for free and counter the "more successful"-"more experienced players"

I'm trying to say basicly what rebel said. All we need into portland and staunton is the SSV weapon system. Ex: 2 guys spawn with their favorite weapon spawning in different parts of the map and FIND each other across parts of the map until they meet and fight. That is the main thing portland and staunton needs. Fighting other people with stronger weapons is way too hard. This is right for everyone who likes portland, and for the new people who want a decent kill without having to use the pistol.

And too add a little more fun, add the M16 for about $7000 if its that powerful. People deserve to buy something good for fighting a lot and this seems to be it. Moltov and grenades should be added unless they have a glitch like vc.

As i've said more than once elsewhere, Staunton is extremely basic as it was thrown in as a bonus in 0.5 (you werent goign to get it at all originally) It will be different in 0.5.x but it will not be the same as EITHER of the other islands, They will all feature different game designs.

No kidding, even adding diffrent features in each diffrent island will still keep people away from them servers. Let's say, tons of people like Portland now... so they all play Portland because they like it how it's designed. Less people would play SSV and Staunton then. Unless you do something great, more people will play and servers will be spreaded. More people play Portland - Staunton - and SSV. From what you're saying Bump, I have no hope for Staunton. MP5's idea is very good. Spread the gameplay in each island at least with weapon spawn! Then add features to each island. Then I would love it.

Exactly. Gameplay can actually be different. The only same thing would be choosing weapons at the spawn. Thats all. Maybe the rest can be for the next release. I understand each island will be treated differently, but there is a chance it could fail because there isn't something like the weapon spawn and portland and staunton will be used rarely, once again. I don't see how this could work. I thought it wasn't about what the developers want, I thought it was about what the gamers want. Portland and Staunton will be dumped if a change like this doesn't happen. GTA is nothing without the weapons and makes the game pretty boring. All that needs fixing for now can be the weapon spawning system.

If the devs think it's a good idea and it's technically feasible, they'll include it. I believe Staunton was designed as more of a stunt-type map, but it was more of a last-minute thing so its potential hasn't been exploited. Personally I'd like to see what they plan to do with it.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I would like to see what would happen to portland and staunton before this change is made if it will happen. If it fails, I think this is a good idea and should be used on portland and staunton. I'm pretty sure there are many gta 3 players who agree with me on this. I would want this change if the majority of poeple like this idea.

Yeah I would like to see what would happen to portland and staunton before this change is made if it will happen. If it fails, I think this is a good idea and should be used on portland and staunton.

Don't forget that this is just one large beta. You're just testing out the team's experiments.

Yeah I would like to see what would happen to portland and staunton before this change is made if it will happen. If it fails, I think this is a good idea and should be used on portland and staunton.

Don't forget that this is just one large beta. You're just testing out the team's experiments.

I haven't forgotten. Making the right steps before the real version is released will lead to a better version.