Extra obfuscation to meta.xml

Jayceon

Hello.

Please add compiler to meta.xml in later updates.

<script src="sourceC.lua" extra_obfuscation="2" /> <!-- 0 - None | 1 = Some | 2 = More (From 1.5.2-9.07903) -->

And when player join to the server and meta try to load (and extra_obfuscation is not nil) automatic compile the selected files.

Thanks to read my idea.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think there are some problems with such an attribute.

Implementing this would require the server to send the changed script files on each resource start to luac.multitheftauto.com (compiling it locally isn't possible due to security reasons).

Also, since you probably don't want to add and remove the extra_obfuscation attribute when switching between debug and production, you'd end up with extra_obfuscation being always enabled. However, this would restrict the debug capabilities a lot as debug information are stripped as well (so you'd get bad error messages without script name and line).

Instead, I'd suggest you to use a build script that compiles all your files before switching over to production mode (Python is a good language for such things).

• Like 2
On 27/12/2016 at 11:26 PM, Jusonex said:

However, this would restrict the debug capabilities a lot as debug information are stripped as well (so you'd get bad error messages without script name and line).

I use luac.multitheftauto.com and get script name and lines when a client has a debug message.

I guess it depends what settings you have set here: https://luac.multitheftauto.com/api/

I don't think there's any need for this suggestion because if you use a batch file all you have to do is drag and drop the .lua into the .bat and within seconds your .luac is updated.

• Like 1