client bot as ped

Its widely known that, barring some miriacle, peds in their traditional form won't be part of the initial blue release. Would it be possible for there to be a mod which allows setting up clients (that actually connect to the server as a standard player) which could act like a typical GTA pedestrian? It wouldn't need any advanced bot AI -- just the ability to walk along a predefined path, and perhaps be periodically warped to where the action is (similar to how they work in single player).

The ability to have even a few extra players (even if they are morons) can make a small LAN party or lonely server much more enjoyable. Assumably, you would set up the bot (or bots) on unused computer(s), tell it to connect to the server, and let it go.

It would be a little wasteful to use some of the finite client connections merely to emulate a pedestrian. It would be far better for an addon creator to investigate methods of actually including a few syncd (or perhaps even unsyncd, although that has some drawbacks and would be a shame when almost everything else is syncd in Blue.) This is something we may well look into ourselves after the first new core release.

"bots" are usually the last feature added to a multiplayer game, I remember the first few multiplayer games didn't have bot's out till a patch was released (duke3d atomic adition had em, while duke3d didnt)

If bots were made it would be simple to make it so whenever a new person joins in, a bot would disconnect. that way it will always keep at least 1 slot open for new real people to join, but the server stays full.

Anyways good idea. But the problem is that the bots will make the server full and if some1 wanted 2 join a server then the server is full because of too many bots and 1 person. But I was wondering if the MTA team can test bots without the server becoming full. I heard that Quake 3 arena can not let bots disconnect and u can kick them out,etc. But even that we should add a auto-mute for the bots and kicking a bot.