Question for openeing the exe. file when pushing start game.

Guest talontsi

Hi am new to MTA. I am dying to play it but everytime I push start game. The window pops up to locate my exe. than it just freezes up than crashes. Sombody else said doin this will fix it:

Freeze when client tries to display dialog asking for game path

There have been a couple of occurence of this, and we'd be interested to see why this is. You can avoid it by manually setting the path in the mta.ini in your game folder (not windows folder anymore). If you have this problem, can you please create a system info profile (Start -> Run -> "systeminfo > c:\sysinfo.txt") (no quotes) then email me the file sysinfo.txt on your c: drive (email is eAi[at]opencoding[dot]net).

For Vice City, your mta.ini should contain (replace the path if necessary):

Code:

[Game-VC]

Version=0

Location=C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe

Can enyone explain me this in a easier way or just how to fix it peried. Thanks so much, please help me out. -Scott ( i am using vice city to let you know)

ok I'll try. Find mta.ini (in the directory you installed mta 0.5 into)

open it with notepad.

Add the following to the file and save it.

[Game-VC] 
Version=0 
Location=C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe 

IMPORTANT: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe should be changed if that is not the location of YOUR vice city. For example if your vice city is on d:\VC\ you change it to:

Location=D:\VC\gta-vc.exe 

Hope that helps

i think this is a really bad thing or im just a bad looker. There is no file called mta.ini, i have loocked in my Vice city folder were i installed it and the plain old MTA folder in prgram folder's. no luck.. waaa i have to play this please help

mtaini3cn.jpg

Look for that. It doesn't say the file extension which is why I think you are having trouble. If you right-click it and go to properties it will say in there that it is mta.ini.

-Chris