Question

I searched, and looked around the site, so when i comes to modding, will that only be client side, or will it load the mod into the game.. because wouldnt that mess up when say one person is driving a cheetah thats one car, and someelse has a cheetah another car. And does that mean you can have your own player model

They said that everybody on the server will have the same mods, so there will be no desync and bugs connected with that. If someone gonna drive Viper RT/10 on your screen he will be doing the same on everyones.

Allowing mods doesn't mean you can randomly add your own collection of hacks and models and play, it means that people can develop mods specifically for MTA and distribute them. Server admins can install them on their servers and users can download them (not from the servers, from a website) and install them into their blue version. This will allow them to connect to the server and play with everyone else who has the same mod.

Allowing mods doesn't mean you can randomly add your own collection of hacks and models and play, it means that people can develop mods specifically for MTA and distribute them. Server admins can install them on their servers and users can download them (not from the servers, from a website) and install them into their blue version. This will allow them to connect to the server and play with everyone else who has the same mod.

umm, why not make a winsock connection and send the .DLL with a 5kbps cap?

that would be logical.

as if this hasn't been discussed before..

damn that kina sux, i was so hoping that you could have your own player model, im kinda sick of the models now lol

I think it's possible.... if the models/skins were the only ones that would be different, there could be way that everyone would had theyre own......the could be unsynced (u only see ur model/skin) or synced (sending and downloading models/skins while connecting). But other thing (like, cars, buildings and other) would be to hard to download (2 many mb :wink: ). Well im already getting prepared to run a nice mod serv in Blue :P

umm, why not make a winsock connection and send the .DLL with a 5kbps cap?

that would be logical.

as if this hasn't been discussed before..

Because thats not how mods work, you aren't exactly going to download counter-strike with a 5kbs cap are you?
that would cause a HUGE amount of lag loading the dimentions, color, and the details of that car into other ppl's screen

Why? It only has to load it once.

7000 polygons

erm?? 7000?? my poly count says it will be circa 180000 (cars only) :roll: (ofcoz modded VC)