Question about port forwarding

Gravestone

Question

12 answers to this question

Only you can really answer that question because only you know which interface you're using, are you using a 3G dongle? If so try 3G dongle/eth4 and if it doesn't work (you can test quickly with the 'openports' server console command) then try 3G dongle/ppp7 then try the other 2.

2 hours ago, Arran said:

Only you can really answer that question because only you know which interface you're using, are you using a 3G dongle? If so try 3G dongle/eth4 and if it doesn't work (you can test quickly with the 'openports' server console command) then try 3G dongle/ppp7 then try the other 2.

I tried all four of them, none of them worked. :/

2 hours ago, Gravestone said:

I tried all four of them, none of them worked. :/

Then it must be another setting in the port forwarding process that is wrong, please show us all the settings that you have to put such as what IP address you entered, this should be the local IP address of the computer hosting the server such as 192.168.1.2 you can get this by doing: windows key + R, run: cmd, /ipconfig all, then search for a line like: IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Preferred)

What options are available in select a service?

Server IP address box needs to be 192.168.10.2

Run MTA server.exe and do openports command that will tell you what to put in the table below for example:

External port start: 22003 external port end: 22003 protocol: UDP Internal port start: 27015 Internal port end: 22003

Edited by Arran
Changed port number
14 hours ago, Arran said:

What does that mean?

Server IP address box needs to be 192.168.10.2

I know, I have to enter the last digit after 10. It is always written 192.168.10 when the page loads.

Run MTA server.exe and do openports command that will tell you what to put in the table below for example:

External port start: 27015 external port end: 27015 protocol: UDP Internal port start: 27015 Internal port end: 27015

22003 - UDP
22126 - UDP

22005 - TCP 

These are the defaults ports, I haven't changed them.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 23-12-2016 at 6:37 PM, Arran said:

External port start: 22003 external port end: 22003 protocol: UDP Internal port start: 27015 Internal port end: 22003

Select a service is just predefined programs that the router manufacturer has set port templates for, so that's of nu use. 

You must select custom service, and then enter the ports for MTA server, as you said you're using default ports so that are 22003,22126 UDP and 22005 TCP, unlike what Arran said you can just put the same port for External port start and end because any ports inbetween larger ranges aren't used by MTA server.

So you can simply enter:

External port start: 22003, External port end: 22003 [PROTOCOL UDP]

External port start: 22126, External port end: 22126 [PROTOCOL UDP]

External port start: 22005, External port end: 22005 [PROTOCOL TCP]

And make sure as Arran said to set the field ''set server IP'' to your local PC for MTA server host:  192.168.10.2 (it's also adviced to set it static either by Windows IPv4 settings or router DHCP binding, to prevent it automatically changing so your forwarding doesn't work anymore intermittently)

This is way easier to do than complicated like previous answers

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
53 minutes ago, Gravestone said:

Yes, I am selecting the custom service since there is no MTA option in the drop down list and I'm entering the same ports at end too. But that's what doesn't work. What you've said, I've done already.

1) Leave out the Internal port part, try using only External.

If that doesnt work yet, use port triggering too (a page as visible on your screenshot under NAT)

Entering your local IP on DMZ zone (also under NAT) will make it work, but is not the safest option so prefer forwarding with further help here.

[if step 1 didnt work] But as a means of test to see if your internet is filtered and doesn't come straight from ISP line (like that router you configure is receiving from another base modem itself) please add the local IP to DMZ zone, and reply if that opens the ports immediately. If it does we atleast know you have direct port forwarding access and next steps won't neccesarily fail if done correctly.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
4 hours ago, Gravestone said:

It works now. Is this how it had to be done tho? :P

Did you try if it worked after port triggering (if it doesn't, don't enable ''Open'' column by not filling it out) so only ''Trigger'' column.

DMZ zone may let it work but is less than optimal because it completely exposes your device to the internet as it disables any router filtering/internal firewall (security risks)

I advice you to not keep using it and instead completing manual forwarding, if needed with router's manual, if you decide to keep using DMZ zone for convenience I suggest you make sure to get a good firewall for the server PC. (and make sure the adress 192.168.10.14 is set static by router DHCP binding to your server local PC mac adress.. this would be needed anyways to make the ports not close again when the IP is re-assigned to another device on your network, so either way make sure you set it static)

Edited by Dutchman101