Why 0.4.1 was better than 0.5 SSV

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The islands are treated differently to provide a different gameplay experience in each, and it will remain this way.

Yeah, I think there should only be spawns that are specific to the gangs / characters on that map in single player.

Schark, from what I've seen, there has been a fall in players overall but an increase in GTA3 players. When you say, "Top number of players is 10", I think that applied more to 0.4.1 Portland than 0.5 GTA3 as a whole. To be honest, it was mainly just the Partyserver and I could only ever have fun in the evenings (GMT) when lots of people were on. If I tried playing it during the day, there'd only be 3 or 4 other people.

I think the overall drop in players may be due to the fact that many people have been put off by idiots saying "0.5 sucks" when they actually mean "0.5 VC DM sucks", which puts people off the game as a whole rather than just the VC DM aspect.

If stability is what you require I'd suggest you steer clear of all Beta software.

But as a Beta programme isn't it, through 'testing' and improvements of the code, aswell as additions, supposed to equate to a more stable release?

Not only that but should not through these testing and improvements, aswell as listening (hard i know but non the less), should not said software become more useable and BETTER.

Very key word there 'better' as clearly it has not in all aspects become so, such as things like syncronisation, once became so much more important in 0.4.1 yet in 0.5 you seem to have completely buggered it.

You can cry 'but its beta software' all you want, but assuming you consider yourselves, marginally at least, professional then that can't wash for all things and you might god forsake it have to admit you fucked up a tad.

But as a Beta programme isn't it, through 'testing' and improvements of the code, aswell as additions, supposed to equate to a more stable release?

When it gets through beta and to a final release version yes. Glad somebody understands that.

Back on topic now please.

When it gets through beta and to a final release version yes. Glad somebody understands that.

Clearly i dont understand at all, i was under the impression software gets better, but obviously i am deluded and innocent on the subject as are many of those who are using your software.

Indeed, now:
Back on topic now please.

Erm 'Why 0.4.1 was better than 0.5 SSV' we are supposed to be discussing why 0.5 is not better than 0.4.1, that includes the fact that 0.5 is supposed to advance upon 0.4.1. And so my post was on topic.

The islands are treated differently to provide a different gameplay experience in each, and it will remain this way.

Yeah, I think there should only be spawns that are specific to the gangs / characters on that map in single player.

Schark, from what I've seen, there has been a fall in players overall but an increase in GTA3 players. When you say, "Top number of players is 10", I think that applied more to 0.4.1 Portland than 0.5 GTA3 as a whole. To be honest, it was mainly just the Partyserver and I could only ever have fun in the evenings (GMT) when lots of people were on. If I tried playing it during the day, there'd only be 3 or 4 other people.

I think the overall drop in players may be due to the fact that many people have been put off by idiots saying "0.5 sucks" when they actually mean "0.5 VC DM sucks", which puts people off the game as a whole rather than just the VC DM aspect.

Top players for GTA3 0.5, in 0.4.1 my server had 15 players IN THAT SERVER ALONE.

Yeah okay.. 10 people in 0.4.1 Portland alone how would I know when I just checked 0.5 Shoreside Vale's online players. :roll:

Oh yeah, and where is my reply to your gay ass long qouted post? It got deleted... hmm, did you get mad I was right? Ask MP5.

Top players for GTA3 0.5, in 0.4.1 my server had 15 players IN THAT SERVER ALONE.

Yeah okay.. 10 people in 0.4.1 Portland alone how would I know when I just checked 0.5 Shoreside Vale's online players. :roll:

I've seen way more than ten. And I said 0.4.1 was more likely to.

Oh yeah, and where is my reply to your gay ass long qouted post? It got deleted... hmm, did you get mad I was right? Ask MP5.

I didn't delete it (I didn't even see it) but whoever did obviously did it for a reason.

The numbers are down, no matter what people say about 0.5. I remember times when there would actually be many half full servers but I don't see them in 0.5.

About the post, it was about proving MrBump wrong about his post which schark was right about and should have not been deleted for any reason at all.

i think it should be noted that 0.4 was something completely new, a new mta experience, i have also had more fun in 0.4 and why? cause it was new and exiting, i have alot of good memories of portland but times change and a new map and a new spawn system doesnt really give as much of a feeling to play something new then it was with portland

this also means that in portland there were more people playing, not cause svv sucks, its cause portland was new back then, im sure the same amount of ppl or even more would have played mta gta3 0.4 if it was like svv is, i think youre looking too much on your memories shark, trying to get into joeys, dodo duels at the mafia hill, thats all memories of the days when a new mta came out and thus it was much more exiting and fun then svv is today, wether you miss those days or not is another story, its the past

imo svv is way better then portland, even if portland is a better map and i have good memories, if 0.4/0.41 would have been like the current svv i would have played mta alot longer and often

i think it should be noted that 0.4 was something completely new, a new mta experience, i have also had more fun in 0.4 and why? cause it was new and exiting, i have alot of good memories of portland but times change and a new map and a new spawn system doesnt really give as much of a feeling to play something new then it was with portland

this also means that in portland there were more people playing, not cause svv sucks, its cause portland was new back then, im sure the same amount of ppl or even more would have played mta gta3 0.4 if it was like svv is, i think youre looking too much on your memories shark, trying to get into joeys, dodo duels at the mafia hill, thats all memories of the days when a new mta came out and thus it was much more exiting and fun then svv is today, wether you miss those days or not is another story, its the past

imo svv is way better then portland, even if portland is a better map and i have good memories, if 0.4/0.41 would have been like the current svv i would have played mta alot longer and often

Finnaly, someone sees my point. I understand, SSV is better, only reason I think it's better is the new spawn system/ammunation system. But, I find it less as fun now from when it was Portland, since it's always Yakuza spawn wars.

Thanks Rebel...

Still, I'm trying to figure out why my post was deleted.. even MP5 knows it was a good point.

idiots saying "0.5 sucks" when they actually mean "0.5 VC DM sucks", which puts people off the game as a whole rather than just the VC DM aspect.

:roll: why are they idiots? it's not that everybody should like mta 0.5. and if 0.5 stunt/GTA3 mta 0.5 were so great, more ppl would play it.

i also think both mta 0.4.1 portland and mta 0.5 Shoreside Vale are ok.

I've seen way more than ten. And I said 0.4.1 was more likely to.

I didn't delete it (I didn't even see it) but whoever did obviously did it for a reason.

I wasn't directing that deletion to you so don't go out on me.

• 2 months later...
MTA 0.4.1 rocks. That was times! Gangwars etc... Active clans for example DK, KFC, and my old ST. But currently, a lot of people playing GTA3:MTA are newbies :(.

Not just only newbies. Now ppl are agorrant/ignorant and domt play by the rules, pausing, car-killing, flaming, pfft, i miss the old non ignorant times. :(

Yeah, you're right, Kenny. Now ppl are agorrant and or ignorant to other players... and that carkilling - it's the most annoying thing. I'm really get pissed off of it. Fortunately, there're still good and friendly player. I miss that old MTA times too...