[CD16] Can not join any server

Freezak

Question

Hello. I am having a big issue with MTA. I can not join any server at all, while SA-MP works good without such a problem. I am able to join any server using that mod.

That is what it says when i try joining a MTA server: (image taken from the internet but the error message is pretty much the same)

"Disconnected: connection to the server was lost"

1mEX4bs.png

MTA logfile.txt http://pastebin.com/gNAuh8dp

Windows CBS logs https://codeshare.io/24o14G

Edited by Freezak

53 minutes ago, kieran said:

I have the same problem, connection time out on any server, disabled a few services on reg edit yesterday and rebooted, can't connect and forget what services I disabled (I know it was svchost services but can't recall which ones) So what I'm asking is could it possibly be a process/service disabled in reg edit?  And also what processes are required for running MTA?

Good News!  I have fixed it!  Try right click on the shortcut and then go to properties, then go to compatibility, finally run this program in compatibility mode for windows XP (Service Pack 3) ... if that does not work then go to reg edit (quick way is open task manager> Click "services..." or right click computer in the start menu and then manage) and ensure the following services are started.

1. Application Information

2. Applicaton Layer Gateway Service

3. TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

If this doesn't work then uninstall MTA, making sure you do full uninstall and install it again, if all else fails you may need to go back to the store you bought your PC from and explain the issue.

Hope this helps. :D

NOTE: THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE (32 BIT) OTHER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS WILL VARY WITH COMPATIBILITY MODE etc.

• Like 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
12 hours ago, Freezak said:

Unfortunately that did not help! i guess the problem lies somewhere deep in the system, i thank you guys for all your help but i am still not able to connect to a server. I guess i will install a clean OS again and see what happens.

Most likely the batch file I provided would be resolving it, but the peerdist helper DLL error preventing it to run correctly.. not much known about that error. I will try research what exactly is failing there and what the DLL is used for, but it's closely related to some sort of corruption in your OS networking stack (and probably part of the issue itself)

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

Okay, i manager to solve it again. What i did is i downloaded a program called IObit SystemCare and i tweaked the Tcp/IP settings using it. People still facing the main issue should try doing the same, might help. If you need further information just contact me. Sorry for bothering you ccw, the issue is solved, i hope for good this time.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
5 hours ago, Freezak said:

Okay, i manager to solve it again. i tweaked the Tcp/IP settings using it. 

I suspect you used a Windows installation ISO/DVD from unreliable source that had third-party specific tweaks applied to TCP/IP and/or registry.

This is why you should never recklessly download & install any pirated or OEM Windows, because you can't know what they changed before packaging it. Always confirm if it's unaltered OS.

If that wasnt the case, one of the programs you installed later on made changes to TCP/IP. However the .bat file I provided should undo those, so if your Windows installation was altered by a third party, those set values are the new defaults and the .bat file will just reset all TCP/IP and network stack to default.

So that's maybe why the .bat file didnt work and that program did, because the program sets something completely different from what the thirdparty changed (something more close to the original tcp/ip configuration or atleast missing corruptions your disk's OS installation had)

Let that be a lesson: always use official Windows installation media/ISO/DVD and be sure of its integrity (if you know the source was reliable one of the apps later installed is at fault for overriding, but many times such an installation DVD becomes your standard disk to install while it brings problems so in that case I recommend you to throw the disk away)

• Like 1

You are 100% right. It was a tweaked Windows 7 which worked kinda better than the unaltered one, i mean it did perform a lot better on my low-end laptop, which helped even with fps in games such as GTA, but yeah.

Could not run MTA using it. I went back to the original one i had and it actually works, but my GTA performance is noticeably worse, which is a bit annoying, but at least it is working now.

I will make sure to use the original *.iso images next time, and i think i we have found an issue to that problem and it might be the reason why other people could not fix the same problem. Hopefully this topic helps and brings some new solutions to that network error.

Edited by Freezak
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Freezak said:

It was a tweaked Windows 7 which worked kinda better than the unaltered one, i mean it did perform a lot better on my low-end laptop, which helped even with fps in games such as GTA, but yeah.

Could not run MTA using it. I went back to the original one i had and it actually works, but my GTA performance is noticeably worse, which is a bit annoying, but at least it is working now.

I have a little tip, I use a Toshiba Satellite and it was murder with FPS, instead of installing modified operating systems, check CPU, on windows 7 it is a common problem for low end laptops to have up to 100% CPU usage from "svchost" or "Trusted Installer" you can however stop these, click the services using a lot of memory in task manager (services tab), go to "services...", click exteneded tab and READ DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY. If it sounds like it won't effect your computer and isn't vital (so just looks for updates) then right click it and click disable, you also want to disable aero glass bar, windows is made to check every window at all times making sure they have the bar, so disabling it should (in theory) boost gameplay by a small fraction.  And if you're really struggling with FPS you can probably buy parts that are compatible from your manufacturer online, so bigger RAM, better CPU etc.... further more you play on a laptop, you will have lags no doubt, so ensure your laptop gets a good vacum at the fan or if you are taking the case off use compressed air to remove dust, this should keep your laptop cool and reduce lags.

P.S. Sorry for taking this off topic, but lag is something I feel strongly about, I have learned to play with it and don't think others should suffer, also congrats on fixing it!!!

Edited by kieran
  • Like 1

Thank you kieran, you are a nice guy and i am glad for you giving me the advices above :) 

I am currently in the proccess of installing 216 windows updates so after they finish i will check these proccesses and will take a look at my laptop upside down, i do remember cleaning it once but it has been a while. Let's see what is going to happen!

PS. Lags are in fact horrible, i am used to them as well as there is no other choice when you own a 2009 device :D

Edited by Freezak
  • Like 1