[CD16] Can not join any server

Freezak

Question

Hello. I am having a big issue with MTA. I can not join any server at all, while SA-MP works good without such a problem. I am able to join any server using that mod.

That is what it says when i try joining a MTA server: (image taken from the internet but the error message is pretty much the same)

"Disconnected: connection to the server was lost"

1mEX4bs.png

MTA logfile.txt http://pastebin.com/gNAuh8dp

Windows CBS logs https://codeshare.io/24o14G

Edited by Freezak

Hello, and thank you or replying. My Windows 7 is a fresh one, i tried scanning my OS with various anti-virus software, none have found any kind of threat.

That's what MTADiag gave me https://pastebin.mtasa.com/411111643

I would like to add also that i copied my whole GTA directory with MTA inside to the laptop of my flatmate (we use the same internet) and it works for him perfectly. It appears like it might be a problem with my OS rather than the internet provider or MTA, maybe?

Edited by Freezak
additional info
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Take these steps:

1: download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kyfbievryrmyz1/netfix.bat?dl=1

Rightclick it and select ''Run as Administrator'' (this will revise your Windows network stack and hopefully remove corruptions in networking)

Restart your PC after this and try if MTA works fine now.

2: Go to start > run > services.msc, navigate to ''Windows Firewall'', rightclick it, select Disabled state and ''stop'' the service (undo it if problem doesnt end up fixed, its a probe)

EDIT: after that, download this Wifi driver, https://www.atheros-drivers.com/qualcomm-atheros-download-drivers-nr-306-with-code-4613.html

and extract the .zip file, then open Device manager and rightclick you Wifi adapter under ''Network adapters'', and click ''Update drivers'' in the dropdown menu of that device.

Now walk through the wizard to install drivers off a custom location, (''search on my PC'') and then ''Choose from a list'' then point it to the folder you extracted the driver files to, and force driver update on the first result from the list it displays afterwards. (If it says it cannot verify, just choose to install regardless, if it displays nothing in the list, just untick the box ''show only compatible drivers'' and scan the given folder again

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

Thank you Dutchman101 for joining the topic. I have tried installing the MTA in another directory, unfortunately that did not work as well.

I tried running your *.bat file, but that's what it says

Bez_tytu_u.png

In english it basically means that "Couldn't find the following DLL helper..."

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
14 minutes ago, Freezak said:

In english it basically means that "Couldn't find the following DLL helper..."

That already means something in your Windows networking stack is corrupt (you were right its an OS problem) as the netsh commands should always work on an integer Windows installation, that helper DLL is part of networking stack. So this is likely the root problem, you can first try recovering from that networking stack damage by;

Open commandprompt (Run as administrator), first enter ''dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth'' and let it complete, then restart Windows.

(the DISM command will ensure the next step - sfc /scannow - will recover everything to its max and not say ''windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them'' - it might take a while though)

Once restarted, open commandprompt again and now enter this: ''sfc /scannow''

After that finished, restart your PC again, and THEN take and run the netfix.bat file I gave you.

If the DISM and SFC commands don't work properly, ensure you got both the Windows Firewall and Windows Update services enabled and in started state (check through Run > services.msc)

EDIT: Despite the helper DLL error the commands on netsh (bat file) were executed with ''Ok'' as result (most likely means nothing if helper DLL error is present - false hope - but ok..), try restarting your PC first to see whether it did anything. Restart your PC anyways before taking any other steps such as SFC or DISM commands, as they might fail otherwise

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

Thank you for your kind help, i tried running these commands right now and that is what appears right after

32525d1385720761t-error-87-online-cleanu

I did a quick check why, apparently these commands can not be run on OS older than Windows 8, i do not know if that is true though.

Edited by Freezak
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

You forgot the spaces between each / command

EDIT: Actually for Windows 7 use this tool as replacement for DISM:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858

I advise you due to its size to first try run sfc /scannow step i detailed in earlier post and if that gives ''windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them'', only then run the Readiness tool download.

It it doesnt give that message but only that errors were fixed or no integrity violations were found, consider the step taken and try the netsh .bat file again.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

Hello, do not worry i did not forgot about the spaces, it is just that i found the same exact error message on the internet but in english (just so it would be easier for you to read it).

I am currently running the sfc /scannow command as advised and will try to do the latter as well. Will post results ASAP. Thank you again and i hope something goes forward.

EDIT: so the message you appeared earlier did appear after all. I guess i will have to download the tool mentioned above.

Edited by Freezak

Okay so i'm having a problem with the tool. It found me an update (Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64) but i'm basically stuck at the installing window. It did move almost to the end the first time but it kept being like that for almost half an hour so i closed it, opened it again after restarting the pc and now it won't even move.

EDIT: Since now when i try to connect to any server i can get the CD23 error as well (Connection timed out)

Edited by Freezak

Hello, so i did all these steps, you were right after all ccw, the update was already installed when i woke up. Nevertheless that did not help with the game as i am still unable to join any server, i tried running the *.bat file, and there are the same errors, but according to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-87-running-dism-online-cleanup-image/33be783f-6e3f-408b-9d0c-901cd19c14ea?page=1 some commands are just unavailable on Windows 7, got any alternative for /RestoreHealth?

Running /scannow again right now

edit: same results, found corrupted files but couldn't repair them :/

Edited by Freezak
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 hour ago, Freezak said:

but according to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-87-running-dism-online-cleanup-image/33be783f-6e3f-408b-9d0c-901cd19c14ea?page=1 some commands are just unavailable on Windows 7, got any alternative for /RestoreHealth?

I haven't asked you to use the DISM command at all after noticing you had to use that Windows update package, it replaces DISM and does the same as dism for win8/10.

You misunderstood, just run the sfc /scannow command after that update finished installing (and it did as you said).. again, don't forget to restart your PC inbetween the update finishing and sfc /scannow, so only thing left on your mind now is sfc /scannow, after which you can run the .bat file again.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

Hello again, i've executed the sfc/ scannow command, after which just as always i received a message that errors were found but couldn't be repaired, then i ran the batch file, which returned the same errors with dll helper, and basically nothing has changed, i am still unable to join any server... unfortunately. I am starting to lose my hope.. is there anything else that i could try?

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Did you even install the Wifi adapter driver I linked you to earlier? https://www.atheros-drivers.com/qualcomm-atheros-download-drivers-nr-306-with-code-4613.html

But that most likely wont solve it because its a clear OS issue now, do you know if you set any device-specific settings for your local PC in the router configuration?

For example: DHCP binding, forwarding, etc.

Also I noticed it wasnt asked yet; please list all Firewall and Antivirus/security software you got installed. Disable them all completely before trying to connect.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

Hello Dutchman101, i did install the exact driver you mentioned earlier, the name of my card in adapters changed a bit but that's just it.

I did not change anything regarding my local PC in the router configuration, definitely nothing AFAIK

I do not have anything installed on my PC except for the default firewall and Windows Defender. It is just weird how the other mod works without any problem and that one does not.

I hope i we can still solve it without reinstalling my OS, but of course, i will do so if there are no other choices remaining.

Thank you for still being here and trying to find out with me what it is.

Edited by Freezak

I have the same problem, connection time out on any server, disabled a few services on reg edit yesterday and rebooted, can't connect and forget what services I disabled (I know it was svchost services but can't recall which ones) So what I'm asking is could it possibly be a process/service disabled in reg edit?  And also what processes are required for running MTA?