question related to the cores of mta

hi, this question is about mta's current core and mta blue, and meant for the mta team.

i was just wondering, why did you guys stick with the 0.3 core?, but still, features are very limited in compare to mta blue.

especially when hearing stuff like " you will be amazed too" , "this is what mta was supposed to be like from the start", "animations will be almost like singleplayer.

somewhere a teammember said that you guys did spent much time working on mta 0.5, and that there was less time left for working on mta blue (at that time), now you even have to develop a patch for it, which requires time.

ok, a lot of things have been included since the first versions of the 0.3 core, like an improved gta3 support, increase of stability etc. but still, if you guys stopped working with the old core a long time ago, you could have finished blue earlier, and you could even have started porting it to gta3 :)

i guess the argument "we want to keep the players busy until blue " is false, since some ppl were tired playing the same game, and weren't happy with some issues. and if you had stop working with the old core, you could have finished blue earlier, and so you would have kept the players busy :)

(i know, this may sound like it's all that simple, but i'm still talking about theory, i know it will always turn out differently )

We didnt 'stick with the 0.3 core' we began to develop Blue (0.5 is actually basically the 0.2 core btw)

As for one taking time from the other, it's minimal as we have a large team. And teams within the team that work either on Blue or 0.5.x, So one effects the other rarely.

If we'd not done anythign to MTA since 0.2 Blue wouldnt have been here much faster (some of us aren't able to contribute to parts of Blue until others have prepared the foundations beforehand, for example) and MTA would be a distant memory of an interesting experiment in most peoples minds.

I dont think you can dismiss the importance of GTA3 as you are either, Blue won't support it and the old core team were determined to get a decent, playable version out.

ok ok the 0.2 core :) and thanks for clearing things up.

i can understand that you guys won't convert mta blue to gta3, since gta3 is getting kinda old, and isn't so popular any more(one thing that proves that, is the amount of mods that will be released/have been released in the upcoming months/in the last few months for gta3). also i think gta3 doesn't really fit(i know there is a better english word for it, but it slipped my mind :) ) multiplayer, especially with gta3 mta ( look at the blue cars for example, the instability, and the total lockups). though mta blue would fit gta3 a lot more, since mta blue is suppose to be a lot smoother :) (although i still think gta3 needs another patch. i've read a topic at gtaforums about the issues related to gta3, and a lot of ppl there had a low framerate even with a pc that is much faster than the recommended system specs for gta3).

i can understand that you guys won't convert mta blue to gta3, since gta3 is getting kinda old, and isn't so popular any more

I'd disagree with that, as I'm sure Mike and Rebel will in addition to several people I've forgotten.

(one thing that proves that, is the amount of mods that will be released/have been released in the upcoming months/in the last few months for gta3)

No, VC has a more up-to-date engine.

also i think gta3 doesn't really fit(i know there is a better english word for it, but it slipped my mind :) ) multiplayer, especially with gta3 mta ( look at the blue cars for example, the instability, and the total lockups). though mta blue would fit gta3 a lot more, since mta blue is suppose to be a lot smoother :)

I'm sure that these issues could be ironed out in a version of Blue for GTA3.

(although i still think gta3 needs another patch. i've read a topic at gtaforums about the issues related to gta3, and a lot of ppl there had a low framerate even with a pc that is much faster than the recommended system specs for gta3).

I know what you mean there, but that's likely to be less of an issue in the future as more and more people upgrade.

I'd disagree with that, as I'm sure Mike and Rebel will in addition to several people I've forgotten.

offcourse i would want it as well, but i can understand why the mta team isn't going to port it.

I'm sure that these issues could be ironed out in a version of Blue for GTA3.
though mta blue would fit gta3 a lot more, since mta blue is suppose to be a lot smoother

with that, i meant that the 0.2 core is a real pain in the ass for the gta3 engine, and i guess mta blue isn't(or at least not as much as the 0.2 core).

but that's likely to be less of an issue in the future as more and more people upgrade.

i don't know how well gta3 runs on all of the newest pc's(and future pc's), but there were a lot of ppl with a fast pc, who could even play gta vc with a very high resolution, without lag, but if they tried that in gta3, they had a low framerate, even with the lowest resolution.

ok ok, but this sentence is wrong then:

I dont think you can dismiss the importance of GTA3 as you are either, Blue won't support it

it should be:

I dont think you can dismiss the importance of GTA3 as you are either, the first release of Blue probably won't support it and the old core team were determined to get a decent, playable version out.

grammar isn't my speciality, plus that sentence wasn't really mine, it was only an addition to yours.

No it isnt incorrect, the current new core in progress is codenamed Blue, it doesnt support gta3, the version after and after that is as yet un-named.

the 1st version won't support gta3, as i said. but you also said:

I dont think you can dismiss the importance of GTA3 as you are either, Blue won't support it

that means, in none of the upcoming versions built on blue won't support gta3

which isn't what you meant

it was:

we havn't said that the new core will never support GTA3, merely that the first release will be for Vice City and the second is far more likely to be for SA.

lol.

well i understand what the actual answer should be, but i guess its 50-50 now, both you and me have posted some irrelevant comments, so i guess it's time for a lock :arrow:

Does it matter?

offcourse it doesn't matter. i'm not an mta fan, am i