I'm new to MTA

In your guys/girls opinion, should i wait for GTA SA to come out aon PC nd play that online, granted i'll have to wait awhile until the MODs been made, or should i go and purchase Liberty or VC. If so which ones the better, i love them both and i dont want to be torn between them, playing on PC.

I'd second what Quig said, as they both offer different styles of gameplay. Secondly, whilst the team hope to get Blue finished before SA is released on PC, it is merely a hope and not a set-in-stone release date. Thus any delay to Blue will be a delay to MTA:SA.

If you only want to buy one: GTA3's deathmatch (Shoreside Vale specifically) is currently better than Vice City's, although this will be addressed in the next version (0.5.1). Vice City's Stunt mode has improved a lot in 0.5 so I'd suggest VC if you're more into driving / stunting than deathmatch.

Yeah, online has had a great effect on both games, each being good in its own specific way.

Vice City, having a lot more servers, a bigger map and a larger array of weaponary and car chases, including helicopters.

However, if it's a community you're looking for, personally I'd go with GTA3, which at the moment is my favourite of the two for online play. Although there are less servers, it does mean there is a greater sense of community among players. It is slightly better synchronised and in my opinion chases in Dodo's are a lot more fun than in helictopers.

Both games are £20 (about $35?) and in platinum. I'm sure you can find a shop where you can get it buy one get one free, but if you're strapped for money, GTA3 is your best bet in my opinion. :D

Cheers for your reply fellas, but i think i'll wait until i've left school (last year), when i'm guna buy a new computer, and see the progress of 'Blue' as GTA SA will be almost released, if 'Blue' is done?? then i'll get SA if not then i'll buy both LC and VC

Cheers for your reply fellas, but i think i'll wait until i've left school (last year), when i'm guna buy a new computer, and see the progress of 'Blue' as GTA SA will be almost released, if 'Blue' is done?? then i'll get SA if not then i'll buy both LC and VC

You can get them for $5 on ebay

whilst the team hope to get Blue finished before SA is released on PC

but, that gives em like 6 weeks, so whatd be the point of releasing 0.5.1 if blue will be out so soon after

If they were to release it this week, there would be a point. People would play a lot more, and would be paitent for blue. It would also be pointless to release it a week before blue since its 1 week away.

Blue wont have gta3 support. It also wont feature the 0.5.x game design. It should also be noted that we make no promises about when any version will be released. It would be nice to get Blue out sooner rather than later obviously, but we wont be rushed.

Blue wont have gta3 support. It also wont feature the 0.5.x game design. It should also be noted that we make no promises about when any version will be released. It would be nice to get Blue out sooner rather than later obviously, but we wont be rushed.

Obviously I in know means want to rush you, but I feel the whole 0.5.x has lost its meaning, I would have been happy for a patch for general problems of 0.5 but it seems to be a larger project that’s taking effort off blue. I obviously don't know how much progress 0.5.x is taking off blue but it don’t take a rocket scientist to see that its slowing its progress. I would have wished for a simple patch so we could await for blue.

In no way am I insulting 0.5.x in anyway I’m sure it will be great, but the overall idea of doing this so close to 'your own target' release of blue.

Anyways what is done is done, and good luck.

I would buy the double pack since it comes with both GTA 3 and GTA VC. for relativly the sam price as buying just one of the two. If your're really into MTa just buy the double pack now annd wait for MTA to be released on san andreas. It may take awhile for them to finish MTA on San Andreas anyway.

Callidus Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:01 am Post subject:

In no way am I insulting 0.5.x

But you´ve got to admid that it´s the worst pile of shit you have ever seen. I mean not even 0.4 had so many errors in it, like when you can´t see the other players in game, god I hate that!! You see them all sitting there in some heli, but they are not really there. Or when you spawn at Docks, you see all the dead people standing on the road holding each others hands. Or a simple fact, like 0.5 is using way to much bandwidth, making the game lag and some even give up in the attempt of playing the game.

And last but not least, the Sailor dude that can´t cary the weight of a granade when he sprint´s, and the Robber that can´t jump whit the weight of the stubby, lol, makes me laugh !! Especially when you stand there looking at a fat mex dude jumping around whit an m60 !!

If you now whish to ban me for speaking open minded and telling you what I think you could do better, feel free to do so, I dont give a flying fuck, really. I´ve kept quiet untill now, sorry I just can´t do it no more.

Callidus Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:01 am Post subject:

In no way am I insulting 0.5.x

But you´ve got to admid that it´s the worst pile of shit you have ever seen.

I’m not talking about 0.5 (current version) I’m talking about 0.5.x (next release) Anyways, what you said above is true but I’m not in a position to criticize a game in beta stages that is free to the public.

Callidus Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:27 pm Post subject:

Anyways, what you said above is true but I’m not in a position to criticize a game in beta stages that is free to the public.

Lol, you realize that´s what you just did?

Anyways love you guys too. :P

No I never, read my post carefully and you will see that there was no Criticism what so ever, My post was completely about decision making, Not the game its self. I’m making a point that somebody made a bad decision down the line, but as pointed out shit happens and lets see whats next.

Callidus Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:27 pm Post subject:

Anyways, what you said above is true

Here you go. Never mind though, I didn´t come here to argue whit you in the first place. But yeah I know it´s true, anyone whit a little knowlege of MTA know´s that it´s the truth.

eAi Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:27 pm Post subject:

Why are you hanging around this "pile of shit"? Its not exactly going to turn into a rose bush, is it?

Lol, apparently not.

Ohh and btw, if your in the MTA team as your sig says you are, wouldn´t you be interrestet in keeping the old players in MTA? Instead you are telling them that it ain´t gonna turn in to a rose bush.

What about you "wise guys" listened just a little to some of the old MTA players, maybe you could actually lurn a few things!!