MTA on Steam

Gengar

• 2 weeks later...

What do I need in order to submit my game?

You'll need a valid and non-limited Steam account (yes, that means you'll need to own a game on Steam). Then you'll need to fill out the submission form, including some information about you and your game. There's also a one-time $100 submission fee per Steam account. The submission will require:

• A square branding image (similar to a box cover) to represent your game in lists and search
  • At least 1 video showing gameplay of your game
  • At least 4 screenshots or images
  • A written description of the game along with the tentative system requirements.

Those are the requirements of Steam to add game there. I don't think MTA:SA has a poor finance to afford 100$ to add their game to Steam. MTA already claims those four clauses that Steam has stated. This made me curious too, adding MTA:SA to Steam store would raise up knowledge and fame of the game ten times more.. Did i say something wrong?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I found similar topic here that was made long time ago and this is post which gives most detailed explanation on why it is not possible:

On 11/16/2015 at 4:58 PM, myonlake said:

MTA has absolutely zero licenses signed by any of the official parties. Yes, they don't care, but Valve does. Valve can be sued for allowing MTA to be released there without a license. It's all business. The only way for it to work is all parties sign a contract which allows MTA to be released as an official modification and has no way of getting income. Donations are not considered income, as long as that money is reserved for specific use and nothing else; otherwise the person who broke the contract can be sued and that will not be cheap. Better if it's kept this current way unless they really want to try their luck, or unless they go for an official contract. Kudos if they do make a contract.

I think MTA has nothing to loose if they contact Valve and Rockstar and sign the contract to be official GTA SA multiplayer mod. Actually, noone involved into that got anything to loose. MTA will gain more popularity as official modification and with that, gain a lot more players. Both Rockstar and Valve will get more people who might be interested in buying GTA SA trough Steam, which means more money for both companies. From my point of view, it's win-win-win situation for all 3 parties and I know majority of MTA players would like this to happen.

Edited by Gengar
4 hours ago, Gengar said:

I found similar topic here that was made long time ago and this is post which gives most detailed explanation on why it is not possible:

I think MTA has nothing to loose if they contact Valve and Rockstar and sign the contract to be official GTA SA multiplayer mod. Actually, noone involved into that got anything to loose. MTA will gain more popularity as official modification and with that, gain a lot more players. Both Rockstar and Valve will get more people who might be interested in buying GTA SA trough Steam, which means more money for both companies. From my point of view, it's win-win-win situation for all 3 parties and I know majority of MTA players would like this to happen.

Do you know what Rockstar/Take 2 did to the GTA 5 Multiplayer Mod?

They don't care at all what the players want.

They want you to play their official Multiplayer to make as much money as possible.

People who are playing MTA SA does not help them much.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bonsai said:

They want you to play their official Multiplayer to make as much money as possible.

Exactly. We're lucky to have survived this far, in my honest opinion. (Seeing what they've done to other multiplayer modifications)

Edited by myonlake
1 hour ago, myonlake said:

Exactly. We're lucky to have survived this far, in my honest opinion. (Seeing what they've done to other multiplayer modifications)

Don't think they'll touch SA-MP and MTA:SA tho as that would be a suicide for GTA:SA's playerbase and T2/Rockstar's reputation as well considering that GTA:SA is 11 years old and still has a :~load of players that play it regulary.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 8:47 PM, myonlake said:
On 1/6/2017 at 6:56 PM, Bonsai said:

They haven't done that to MTA in 11 years and I'm sure they know about MTA. If MTA team tries to talk to them, I'm sure they wouldn't need much to convince them. Yeah, GTA V, unlike GTA SA, has its own official multiplayer version and that's why they are shutting down any other rmodification. GTA SA, on the other side, doesn't have official modification and as I said in my previous post, MTA on Steam can only benefit to both Take 2 and Rockstar.

Edited by Gengar
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Like you all said GTA SA is 11 years old game and Rockstar has way many things to deal with then just some kids want to add modification to very old game and that somehow they will make hundreds of sales for that old game that already has sales!

its just way off logic of how big corporations work! the chances of this happening is same as any mod of any game for very old game or new! that's 1% 

btw sorry for my bad english!

EDIT : and if Rockstar did so it will send message that they support Mods and if you know Rockstar spend so much money making it hard for modders to mod in GTA and for them to support one is just not right at all

Edited by Mr.Solo
idk
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ignorance of some of you guys is absolutely unreal. Do you really think Rockstar isn't aware of SAMP or MTA? Ofcourse it is. But guess what. GTA San Andreas does not have an online option where Rockstar makes money from. Ever heard of GTA Online? It's the official multiplayer mode of GTA V, and it earns money. GTA SA has none, so they don't care as they can't make money off it anyway.

2 hours ago, marty000123 said:

The ignorance of some of you guys is absolutely unreal. Do you really think Rockstar isn't aware of SAMP or MTA? Ofcourse it is. But guess what. GTA San Andreas does not have an online option where Rockstar makes money from. Ever heard of GTA Online? It's the official multiplayer mode of GTA V, and it earns money. GTA SA has none, so they don't care as they can't make money off it anyway.

Imagine MTA had so many players that nobody would play GTA Online. I think they would care alot.

They maybe can't make money of it, but it can keep them from making more.

Anyway, you are right, its more a theoretical thing, as MTA has about ~30.000 players, not millions. :P

25 minutes ago, Bonsai said:

Imagine MTA had so many players that nobody would play GTA Online. I think they would care alot.

They maybe can't make money of it, but it can keep them from making more.

Anyway, you are right, its more a theoretical thing, as MTA has about ~30.000 players, not millions. :P

Look at it from this perspective: maybe Rockstar actually profits from MTA. People would buy GTA SA specifically for MTA or SAMP, earning them money. Believe it or not, there are still people who actually pay for the game on Steam.

And GTA Online doesn't have millions of players ingame, maybe a few 100k's?

Good first I want to give you a good greeting the subject of mta sa in steam is actually very good but first to clarify some points of rockstar .
1- he knows that mta sa exists (only that I can not cancel because gta sa is old And helps shopping for gta sa in steam) .
2- nobody from mta told rockstars about mta in steam since that can bring advantages or problems to mta sa could cause them to cancel
 the mod and that would be bad for the Mta sa community of gamers.
3-Up mta sa to the plataforma of steam could cause the number of players to multiply asta the 10 times more.
4-Rock star has all rights of gta sa but could be considered mta as a Fanmade as long as they do not charge for it can use whatever they want or
 I think 5 .- I would recommend taking care as soon as rockstar time has the bad reputation of eliminating mods
Well that would be all my opinion the truth I recommend to make an effort to contact rockstar and try to fix this matter so they would win the
 4 mta, steam, rockstar and most importantly the community of players.

sorry my english is bad xdddd

In all honesty, I think it's worth a try. RockStar and TakeTwo can either accept, or refuse the offer. Either way, I don't see what MTA has to loose. Both companies are certainly well aware of MTA by now, if they didn't try to shut it down so far, they won't shut it down just because MTA asked for permission to have their mod on Steam. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, it's win-win situation for everyone.

TakeTwo did shut down many multiplayer modifications, true, but that only goes for GTA V (and maybe GTA IV, I'm not sure about that one), because GTA V has official multiplayer mod made by RockStar, while GTA SA doesn't, so they won't mind it, as long as MTA isn't making any profit from it and as far as I'm aware, they aren't making any profit anyway.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Gengar said:

En honor a la verdad, creo que vale la pena intentarlo. RockStar y TakeTwo pueden aceptar o rechazar la oferta. De cualquier manera, no ver lo que la MTA tiene que perder. Ambas compañías son ciertamente muy consciente de MTA por ahora, si no se tratan de apagarlo hasta ahora, no van a lo cerraron porque MTA pedido permiso para tener su mod a través de Steam. Como ya he mencionado en uno de mis artículos anteriores, es ganar-ganar para todos.

TakeTwo se cerró muchas modificaciones de varios jugadores, verdaderos, pero que sólo se aplica a GTA V (y tal vez GTA IV, no estoy seguro de que uno), ya que GTA V tiene mod multijugador oficial hecha por RockStar, mientras que GTA SA no hace , por lo que no les importará que, siempre que la MTA no está haciendo ningún beneficio de él y por lo que yo sepa, no están haciendo ningún beneficio de todos modos.

Well it would be well the union seeing it from that point I join the opinion

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • qaisjp locked this topic