MTA SA is supported.

And with any luck, the devoted Grand Theft Auto PC fan community will give the game even more life with modifications. Apparently, existing modifications, like the online Multi Theft Auto, will require some programming adjustments to adapt to San Andreas, but they won't require complete overhauls. Though the game won't ship with mod tools, Rockstar expects that with community support, San Andreas for the PC will keep players busy for a long, long, long time. From what we've seen, we don't have much reason to disagree. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the PC looks like a better version of an already-great game. It offers more options and better graphics, and the huge world of San Andreas remains intact. The game is scheduled for release in June.

This is great news. This means there can be a MTA SA in development. And it also looks like MTA is getting more recognition.

Just to clarify what njr1489 said, I saw this on PlanetGTA (latest news post):

For the most part, file formats, locations, and other information needed by mod developers are unchanged and would be easy to discover and no extra protection or anti-mod detection type of code has been added [since Vice City].
All I was saying was that SA will be easy to mod since nothing has changed and there is no anti mod protection, so MTA SA can be possible.

Obviously the people at Rockstar see the value in MTA as a tool for extra sales. It's in their interests not to stop MTA, and maybe even to encourage such projects.

:D WONDERFUL!

That is basically what I have been saying all along-

THE FUTURE IS COMMING! And it is MTA SA.

Now how many ppl here dissagreed with me again? Or were not very enthused about the idea?

I told you guys how important this was and I meant it! SA will bring a legion of new players in here EXPECTING mta sa.

Get ready to hear this a lot---- " WHEN WILL MTA SA COME OUT? "

That is my next prediction. And don't get mad when you hear it, because even the developers of GTA SA will be wondering this very same thing. I'd bet they can't wait to play their own game online. 8)

MTA team-, the entire GTA gaming community is resting on your shoulders. I know you can't rush your work, so I can only say, good luck.

Oh no what'll happen when GTA4 comes out? No more MTA, because its been official confirmed (OPSM) that GTA4 will be online, and then so will the PC version, will MTA move onto another game (not Driv3r)?

Firstly, I wasn't aware that any features of GTA4 were official. Secondly, we have no idea when it will be released and it could be 2 or 3 years from now. With the release of Blue, modding will be possible and there should be plenty of popular mods by that time. Thirdly, no-one can really speculate what the MTA team will do. They will most certainly not go with Driver 3 because that will be as old as the GTA games but with significantly less demand, thus they'd be better off staying with GTA.

Months ago, in the playstation mag, it was confirmed that then GTA after SA will be online, well it makes sense, with MTA making all the others online. I dont know when it'l be out, most likely on PS3 and even then i don't know what legal stuff will happen, maybe it'll be an only PS3 title (hope not, unless mods come for PS3). PS3 comes out end of 2006 early 2007 i think, so a long wait

All I was saying was that SA will be easy to mod since nothing has changed and there is no anti mod protection, so MTA SA can be possible.

Obviously the people at Rockstar see the value in MTA as a tool for extra sales. It's in their interests not to stop MTA, and maybe even to encourage such projects.

MTA is the reason i bought GTAIII, no lie.

Oh no what'll happen when GTA4 comes out? No more MTA, because its been official confirmed (OPSM) that GTA4 will be online, and then so will the PC version, will MTA move onto another game (not Driv3r)?

Well... no need for MTA. Perhaps if they are still doing this at that point, they will simply mod the online version, who knows. They aim to design a game that will work when they are gone, because they expect the team to eventually end somehow. Which of course it will, like all good things.

If not work on that, work on GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA versions to make them 1.0 if they are not already.

Sooner or later ya gotta get tired of trying to get this game to do what it wasn't meant to do ;) Thinking of that, its so amazing that we can play it online to this extent. Its almost as if it was already made for online, yet it was made from scratch.