What are you hoping to do with fastman92's limit adjuster?

2 hours ago, fastman92 said:

Alright, have we reached the point, that the work on this can start?

A lot of time has passed.

Don't wait months to decide something, few months later we'll be doing something else.

Community can get answer on question "What developers can make with FLA in MTA"?

It increase limits, new functions, It will be something like a MTA:Eir or what? Making global mods - it large concept, you can share your plans? I know what a your Limit Adjuster, but what opportunities will be opened in MTA? :$

11 hours ago, SalwadoR said:

Community can get answer on question "What developers can make with FLA in MTA"?

It increase limits, new functions, It will be something like a MTA:Eir or what? Making global mods - it large concept, you can share your plans? I know what a your Limit Adjuster, but what opportunities will be opened in MTA? :$

http://gtaforums.com/topic/733982-fastman92-limit-adjuster/

--------------------------------

It takes too long.

Do the work on the MTA instead of discussing so much how it will be implemented. You will find a way.

Edited by fastman92

This discussion is ridiculous a bit. I see 2nd solution as obvious way to do it. MTA was never modifing game files in order to enchance experience, and that's why everyone loves MTA. If u trying to build server based on total conversion and let your players manually install mod files you can distribute custom MTA build (with limit adjuster) aswell.

So, lets see 2nd option closer. Currently in MTA, there is no ability to add new models into game, so what is the point of limit adjuster in that case? Shouldn't this be done first?

Edited by lopezloo
35 minutes ago, lopezloo said:

This discussion is ridiculous a bit. I see 2nd solution as obvious way to do it. MTA was never modifing game files in order to enchance experience, and that's why everyone loves MTA. If u trying to build server based on total conversion and let your players manually install mod files you can distribute custom MTA build (with limit adjuster) aswell.

So, lets see 2nd option closer. Currently in MTA, there is no ability to add new models into game, so what is the point of limit adjuster in that case? Shouldn't this be done first?

There could be a custom MTA build, but it should still be a part of the official MTA project, otherwise we'd get "official MTA" / "fastman92 MTA" being two different projects.

I see absolutely no problem here.

There is not a single reason not to implement this, this discussion is basically obsolete. Mappers have waited years for a way to place more than tiny 400 objects on a map without getting draw distance issues and now we're here.

Yes, but this is MTA streaming problem, has nothing to do with FLA.

From what I understand, FLA works with original IMG archives, while MTA loading objects into RAM. They work different, there's basically no problem for MTA to load thousands of objects into memory, the problem is how they are handled internally.

Ok, im sofkin hyped right now, this is damn amazing.
There shouldnt even be questions about implementing it into MTA method, people dont like downloading custom files or other client versions.

I think it should be made to work with Lua functions, since its much more handy

me mainly would want to use it : adding extra cars instead of replacing them, adding extra tune parts, adding extra skins, and mainly for a big custom open world map im working on that haves ALOT of custom models and some parts of gta sa but retextured and with edited models, mainly i get alot of performance, and draw distance problem with things like those.

But yeah, would be so cool to start seing servers with vice city etc as theyr main map.

Dont think i was much of a help, but yeah, so awesome to see fastman working on mta :)

It would be great to add new weapons, vehicles and objects with unique properties. No substitution! It is a joy to think of this, because what yet it is done today, it is complicated and still contains many similarities to some model.

Creating something from scratch may seem quite challenging, but for some it is a relief.

14 hours ago, fastman92 said:

Is anything being done?

Lest we don't wait for the next century for the progress to be made.

Now or never.

I'm confused, aren't you the one whose making it work in MTA? Or did an MTA developer volunteer to do that bit? You can submit a "pull request" on git hub, though I'm guessing getting it to work with MTA would take a lot of work, like having to add functions for allocating new ID's to an element type.

It sounds great.
I don't have problem with the streaming yet (I use the default SA map but an inprovement would be great like for example on costume race or DD maps. If i get it right and the streaming is the resason if an object load too late.)

I mostly interested in the id limit, new objects, vehicles etc. 

Edited by dugasz1
1 hour ago, Arran said:

I'm confused, aren't you the one whose making it work in MTA? Or did an MTA developer volunteer to do that bit? You can submit a "pull request" on git hub, though I'm guessing getting it to work with MTA would take a lot of work, like having to add functions for allocating new ID's to an element type.

I can make the MTA's game.dll and core.dll compatible with the new limits.

But I can't make anything else. I can't make the design changes, possible interface changes.
Another part, how do we handle the fact that there should be the MTA edition without file checks, so that the game can be modded completely and total conversions would be possible.

Maybe with the help of property sheet file?

Give the answers to this.

Edited by fastman92

Just to make things clear, Arran & fastman92, this is a discussion so that the team can understand what the community wants from the limit adjuster, and how they want to make use of the limit adjuster in MTA. It is not a poll. 

Once the team has understood what the community wants, we can decide on how we want things to be implemented. If fastman92 goes through the enormous amount of effort in submitting a pull request with his limit adjuster integrated into MTA (without prior discussion), and if his implementation does not align with how we'd like things to be implemented, we will have to reject the PR. Wasting effort is not fun for all parties involved - for the team to review the code and for fastman92 to implement the limit adjuster.

A particularly personal note: People who fork MTA (i.e, The_GTA with MTA Eir) have complete creative freedom to do what they like with their forks. It would be absolutely awesome to have some features of Eir in MTA, but Eir has branched out way too far and all the work would likely have to be rewritten from scratch to work with the codebase we have today. If I'm not wrong, Eir was written around 2012? So Eir is four years out of date of all MTA features.

• Like 1

There are total conversions for which the authors want to get the working multiplayer. 

Just listen to me and we'll have it all done quicker than you'd expect. 

The total conversions have lots of files modified in GTA SA directory.  The official MTA checks if files are not modified.  For total conversions we need to be able to compile new binaries,  which have the checking functions inactive,  possibly with the use of preprocessor constants and preprocessor conditions in the C++ code. 

Let's solve it! 

Move forward. 

Edited by fastman92
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
16 hours ago, fastman92 said:

There are total conversions for which the authors want to get the working multiplayer. 

Just listen to me and we'll have it all done quicker than you'd expect. 

The total conversions have lots of files modified in GTA SA directory.  The official MTA checks if files are not modified.  For total conversions we need to be able to compile new binaries,  which have the checking functions inactive,  possibly with the use of preprocessor constants and preprocessor conditions in the C++ code. 

Let's solve it! 

Move forward. 

I didn't see any peaking interest yet or any explicit vouching in this topic for total conversions/any mods that needs GTA files modified.

Even without changing the concept of MTA (having a second MTA version that allows modding files.. or skips ''certain checks'', or having interested players of a community first mod their GTA with a server/communities' ''Pre-play'' download packages from their site... all that hassle) yes without changing the concept, Limit Adjuster itself can already be very interesting for MTA, without all that: it already lays the foundation for manipulation of internal values, such as increasing streaming distance and therefore resolving issues with mapped custom cities, partially what EIR would have done for those awaiting it.

Also having the possibility to adjust those internal limits can benefit future development possibilities significantly.

We're now blind-staring (not the discussers but you fastman, about the modded installation options) on complicated integrations that needs alot of compatibility checks (if users wanted to join a custom mod server with the 'second' MTA version there needs to be checks if the player has the right mods in their GTA that the server is asking for to be played)

It would greatly reduce the accesability of MTA as it's no longer click-and-play, but yes it would facilitate a select fanclub of certain servers to play with extensive modding (MTA's concept is you can just connect and go, and now you'll need to visit a server's site to see what modding steps you need to take, in order to play their server, those servers will garner much less attention from new players in the browser and will have to rely on their own playerbase - players come to that server for what is there, and don't come without knowing much and find out as new players.

Therefore, those type of servers will not catch as much attention as others, because many steps are needed in order to play it.

We'll end up with just a few of those servers with a select playerbase, and overthrow MTA's concept of easy playability just to please those (fastman92: ''There are total conversions for which the authors want to get the working multiplayer. ''

This is why I personally vouch for a less complicated integration, I'd like to use it myself atleast for the ability of mapping custom cities without border and area limits and streaming issues.

Anyways I havent seen much server owners talking about anything beyond GTA:Underground, but Fastman92 himself was already talking about a much broader modded GTA possibility which is why I wrote this post. If we continue this way by fastman's last input, which I think isn't easy to realize (as I said changing MTA's concept, and hard to check compatibility - requires alot of other development for that), most likely nothing will happen at all with Limit adjuster.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 2

People are looking to port the mods to MTA resources (Such as what I have done) and have extended view distance, faster loading, etc.  Without modifying the base SA files, as Dutch stated, the idea of mta is to click and play; without going out and modifying your SA installation for playing on different servers.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
15 minutes ago, CodyL said:

the idea of mta is to click and play; without going out and modifying your SA installation for playing on different servers.

They would end up with many GTA:SA installation folders, tagging each of them ''Server 1'' ''Another server's name'' etc just because that modded installation was made specially for one particular server's needs.. instead of overwriting mod files each time to use the same GTA installation. (mod 1 may be reliant/include the same files modded in a different way, as mod 2)