is there more MTa blue updates?

Guest Manditory_suicide

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd like to do weekly updates, but to be honest it would't tell people much. Some weeks we don't get much done, others we make huge steps forwards. Some weeks, we delete weeks and weeks of previous work and start again. Its not like we're working for a proper games developer, we're doing it in our free time.

eAi

We'd like to do weekly updates, but to be honest it would't tell people much. Some weeks we don't get much done, others we make huge steps forwards. Some weeks, we delete weeks and weeks of previous work and start again. Its not like we're working for a proper games developer, we're doing it in our free time.

eAi

I don't think it matters if much work is done, its still an update IMO. I think a lot of people would like that. Even if you have to start again deleting work, its still ok.

eAi

I don't think it matters if much work is done, its still an update IMO. I think a lot of people would like that. Even if you have to start again deleting work, its still ok.

Yep. Just like Valve and Steam. Every week they decided to show some news so people would know what is going on. Whether it just be a tiny little bug they're working on, or ONE new picture, people like that they inform the community of what is going on. Doesn't matter what it is, sometimes they only use like 2 sentences, saying they found "so and so" in the source engine, and they are fixing it. It at least tells us they are working on it.

See the point?

i don't see why weekly updates are so important to everyone

most updates would be all technical talk most likely, ofcourse i would be interested in it, but then again, how many other people would be interested

Many people because it shows MTA is progressing, and it shows MTA is alive. I don't mind getting an updae like that.

I know I would follow a weekly update "blog" style status of blue development. Even if it is technical, saying that you got bug xxx fixed but are pulling your hair out on bug yyyy, its helpful to keep people interested in the project. As it is, I come to the mtavc website/forum maybe once a month because there is nothing worth reading in between.

I know I would follow a weekly update "blog" style status of blue development. Even if it is technical, saying that you got bug xxx fixed but are pulling your hair out on bug yyyy, its helpful to keep people interested in the project. As it is, I come to the mtavc website/forum maybe once a month because there is nothing worth reading in between.

A blog's not a bad idea actually.

• 2 weeks later...

It's also good to see that they've scrapped the old way of only increasing in multiples of 5/10% for the 0.5.5 bar (note that it says 0.5.5, not 0.5.1).

I was kind of hoping that they'd put the Blue bar up by more than 5% though because people will say "OMG 6 months for 5%. That means Blue will be out in 3 years' time."

Of course, some features take longer to implement than others and hence it is not possible to use the bars to predict release dates.

The blog idea its hella cool, people would know how Blue progress, even noobs dont understand what it talks about. I mean, if you dont know what synchronizyng or stuff like that means, then u should learn more about the game/MTA.

Personally i´d like to know how the team works and what are they doing to make up Blue. It would be cool if there were a lil weekly post on forums explainning or telling people how things are going.

Just to clarify a couple of things.

As always the percentages on the progress bars are loose estimates. They cannot be anything else.

Blue hasnt only had 5% progress in the last six months. This is basically Blue vII, a total re-write implementing some much more future proof methods and ideas. So we went from 65% (blue vI) back to around 0% then built up Blue vII to what we now adjudge to be beyond the old version. Much more than 5% worth of work I'm sure you'll agree.

The next release of the current core is named 0.5.5 now as its more than a patch ,(Rebuilt staunton and stunt, all-new game design in DM as WELL as bug fixes). But not quite an entirely new version as the minor changes to the client itself and lack of brand new features, (gameplay changes aside), dont warrant it. So we split the difference to 0.5 and a half :P (0.5.5)