Will blue be enough?

Will the release of blue regain the popularity that mta used to have?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will the release of blue regain the popularity that mta used to have?

• Yes
    • No

im just gettin ppl's opinions, and u can take a guess by lookin at how the amount of players has gone downhill with each release. sure it increased slightly when it was released, but many players didnt even come back for the release. and as far as attracting new players, if they didnt kno about the numbered releases, they wont realize what makes blue special.

The progression from 0.1 to 0.3 was huge, and there was alot of advertisement, being on TV etc...

the 'see-able' progress from 0.3 to 0.5 wasn't as much, and alot of the people have already played it and decided they can't put up with a few bugs.

If and when blue gets finished/released, it will be the only time to tell.

Eagle, take a look at the information about Blue.

RE the poll, I'm not sure anything is ever enough is it? Money, games, women. There's always a potential to want more, bigger, faster, hotter.

I'm wondering wether to leave this in this section as its really the loosest speculation, bordering on fortune telling, but as it has an MTA connection of a sort I guess it can stay here for now.

So you are basically saying MTA cant get any better than 0.3, that you think that is the BEST they can possibly do...

well, no, Im positive that MTA Blue is going to smoke 0.3... I only know a tad more than the average guy, but still just by looking at what was told to everyone, you can see that the improvements put it on a level 0.3 cant even touch.

the question wasnt "which is a better version, .3 or blue?" it was will blue regain the popularity of mta during .3. im not sayin .3 will be the best thing ever for mta, but up to now it has been the best version (to me atleast)..

@bump idk where that segway into women, games, money w/e came from, but the title means that "will blue be enough to regain mta's past popularity"

blah...0.3 was another buggy beta mta client....just like 0.4 and 0.5....now when u talk about "blue", which basically as far as i know going to be much better then all previous version of mta, since its build on completely new core...anyway my point is "Blue" gonna bring back many old players and its gonna be very popular...ps just my opinion :wink:

@bump idk where that segway into women, games, money w/e came from, but the title means that "will blue be enough to regain mta's past popularity"

He was saying that no matter what you give someone, they'll still want more. Whilst Blue will be a massive improvement to MTA, people will still be dissatisfied.

blah...0.3 was another buggy beta mta client....just like 0.4 and 0.5....now when u talk about "blue", which basically as far as i know going to be much better then all previous version of mta, since its build on completely new core...anyway my point is "Blue" gonna bring back many old players and its gonna be very popular...ps just my opinion :wink:

well said

all the MTA clients have had some bollock twistingly annoying moments but it's free and works.. so i'll happily put up with the bugs..

me too

and overall this poll is pointless and im not gonna bother voting

yes, I will play again when blue is released. All my friends say the same thing.

If it plays as well as the team says it will, there is no doubt word will spread far and wide. 8)

Just as modders start exploring the vast possibilities of this core, SA will already start with beta's and that will drive far more people in here then has ever been seen before.

Even if blue sucks, we will see far more players here with the release of SA, then we have ever seen.

the MTA team tries to do that with every version they put out

and they hae done a good job so far

you also gotta rember that they do this on their free time...its not a job for them(although i'm sure they feel like it is sometimes)

i dont think that MTA will ever regain the popularity that it had during .3

back then, there weren't high expectations about multiplayer for gta(3,vc), and since mta is still the most popular multiplayer mod for gta, i think new players back then really liked the idea of multiplayer in gta(3, vc), even with all the bugs( i didn't care about it either, for me it was the first multiplayer experience with a gta game). then mta blue was announced, and some other multiplayer mods really did show improvement in multiplayer for gta(although still not released). also mta 0.4 and mta 0.5 were almost the same as mta 0.3, with some pros and cons(for me it was more cons, but i wouldn't go back to mta 0.3r2 either).

i think what i've said above+ the info that the mta team had given about mta blue, have caused that ppl have high expectations for blue( and for other multiplayer mods), which is why it's hard to keep ppl satisfied with the current mta versions or the versions released by other teams.

in theory, mta blue will be as popular as the old mta versions(maybe even more popular, depends on how good it will be, and how much (new) ppl will find out and try mta blue )because both the expectations have grown, plus the technology(if it's true what the mta team, and the other teams have said).

but we don't exactly know how the situation will be, so it's not really possible to give an answer to your question yankees yet.

Edited by Guest

You make some valid points lance. When I first started playing GTA, I did not care about bugs either. I was just thrilled to at least play GTA online!

Just like SA online now, I don't care if it is buggy at first, just gimme something to play with while a better thing is made.

We all new MTA would get better, we just did not know it would take this long. I am dissapointed, just as we all seem to be dissapointed by how long this has taken. I think most everyone here understands and respects this team we just wish it would have happened quicker. :wink:

I know I know, heard it a million times,,,, "they are doing it on their spare time blah blah blah" I appreciate that fact too. 8)

NOW WHERE IS BLUE! :shock: