Whats up with so many servers

rageking11

I don't understand whats up with players on mta ,There are more server owners than players in community. It wasn't like this 3-4 years ago when people really enjoyed playing the game.Now everyone is starting a server and result is that there are more servers than players that doesn't make sense

Most of these 'server owners' are kids .MTA should introduce a verification process for starting new server to reduce unoriginal servers from list , like you could only start a server if you have actually created something unique or maybe charge money for starting a server because the way it is now i can't find a single player who is not a server owner.

Instead of a Verification system to create a server, there should be a process you have to go through to get your server listed on the server browser instead; allowing people to create their servers as they please, because as Callum mentioned it drops a lot of freedom. But it will prevent a whole lot of empty, and rip off / un-unique servers flooding the server browser.

My own reason for creating a server is not because I want to be staff (Because in all reality I don't like it), but instead because I have a lot of ideas for how things should be made and what not that would not work paired with an already existing server. But as you mentioned there are a whole lot of people who just create servers simply because they want to be staff and put little to no work onto making the server something new and unique.

Edited by CodyL

Well as more time passes more scripts get leaked / released therefore people have a lot more to start with. Take roleplay for example, few years ago it was Valhalla Gaming and ShoDown or whatever it's name was which used vG's older script. Now since vG's script was leaked there are :~load of RP servers, both non English and English server and ofcourse quite an amount of those are with inexperienced people as you said it yourself that are mainly in it for the administrator position.

And I'm pretty sure that the same goes with the other scripts, more released on community, more tutorials around forums/youtube/internet in general about lua basics or "how to start a server" and boom there you have it.

• Like 1