one question

Ok, just a quickie but i'd really like a straight answer for this one.

What exactlly is wrong with carkilling :?:

I don't carkill myself (much :D ) but that is my choice as i don't find it as fun as I used to but whenever my friends come round to play on MTA the first thing they all try and do is carkill. They don't do it for a kill, they do it cos they find its great fun...

This is gta afterall, and everyone comes from doing it in SP.

If you were in the whoopee and you drive up to someone with one red bar of health...

...who wouldn't? :lol:

ok yet another carkill topic, but heres my view

carkills arent bad, it just pisses you off when a person plays for the one goal of carkilling people, or does it excessivly.

it used to be ok to carkill, then the whole 'dont do it excessivly' unwritten rule came, and now people tend to be kicked for carkilling once

I also feel car killign is fine. Its irritating yes, in the same way being repeatedly killed by a single person by any other means would be, but its a large part of the game especially in gta3.

The problem seems to be people don't want to fit into MTA, they want it to follow thier own expectations, therefore if they want to shoot and only shoot, they complain about car killers, stunters, racers, flyers not fitting in with them. On independant servers theres nothing stopping people making any kind of rule they wish, (providing it fits in with the EULA), no car killing, no killing, no saying 'beans', whatever. But a general predjudice against 'car killers' is a bad thing.

like u both said car killing is fine i do it from time to time

but i have run into many ppl that all they do it car kill and when u try to kill them they run away to get another car and try again, if thats all they do then theres no point in the wepaons, you might aswell take them all out and put in a shit load of cars

diversity is the key... kill with cars heli's and weapons its all fun

Yea i can see how it can sort of get annoying when they solely consentrate on carkilling, running from car to car then coming back to kill you...but i don't think this really would deserve a kick. The reason they are doing this is probably because they don't understand how the weapons work and are just trying to get a kill or two.

Im sure its more annoying to keep getting killed by some wierd stubby glitches constantly, or naded to death...so sympathyise :)

I think it's even better in gta3 as as soon as you get hit you die, yet this is where i see more "No-carkilling" rules. It's harder with the new jump boost, quicker (so you not sitting there watching some newb slowly run you over as you poweress to do anything, yet your still trying :D ) and you just don't lose as much as you can spawn with any weapon you want in just about anywhere you want.

I know you are all thinking that this has all come from me getting kicked from some server for carkilling someone but its actually due to the amount of people apologizing for it :lol:

a while ago, i said something about the carkilling in gta3, (almost everybody i saw in the gta3 servers i was in was driving a vehicle to either carkill or avoid carkills). i still think its annoying, but i don't think it should be forbidden, its a part of the game. besides, staying alive isn't that hard......and in some situations carkilling is even funny( sometimes i accidentally carkilled somebody lol :D )

I think it may also be due to the fact that new players may not be able to get a kill (at least at first) in any other way due to sync and aiming problems in the current core. If they get moaned at and / or kicked, that may well put them off MTA for life. As another topic states, a large problem with MTA is the people who play it.

It's been said before, but I'll say it anyway; it's not hard to avoid cars in most situations, it's the people who don't think fast enough to avoid them.

I find repeat carkillers fun, especially those that'll keep trying to run you down though you're on a ledge too high for their vehicle to mount.

If it helps anti-carkillers, think of it this way: why get cheesed off by someone trying to repeatedly run you down, when you can stand on a ledge and shoot the cars that these people'll have to keep running off for 3 minutes to get, putting themselves at risk of being shot and carkilled themselves? :lol:

Ok so why i ask, is it banned in almost any server i go in these days :roll: theres even a clan based on it :lol:

It seems to be generally known as a bad thing and has spread across server to server, and i think we should try and prevent this and bring carkills back to the game :D

oh and to be fair, i have not seen one topic or in matter of fact post about anything to do with carkills for ages now :roll:

Still haven't heard any good (well any) arguments for why they are bad, which is interesting

Ok so why i ask, is it banned in almost any server i go in these days :roll: theres even a clan based on it :lol:

It seems to be generally known as a bad thing and has spread across server to server, and i think we should try and prevent this and bring carkills back to the game :D

oh and to be fair, i have not seen one topic or in matter of fact post about anything to do with carkills for ages now :roll:

Still haven't heard any good (well any) arguments for why they are bad, which is interesting

I respect your opinions about carkilling. [ACK] did not want to spread that rule to other servers. [ACK] and I don't even play VC anymore. All they wanted was to make their own server so they and people who respect their rule can play the way they wanted. Have you ever heard of people say "Go get your own server if you want to play that way"? ACK has heard of it before and they made a server which now became one of the most popular GTA 3 server, and I respect them for that. You and I both agree that we don't want this to spread on other servers.

Why I think carkilling is bad is because I am always a victim of *EXCESSIVE* carkilling. When I used to play on other servers, it was hard to play with everyone focusing on carkilling. I have no problems with carkilling, just exccessive carkilling. Do you know how it feels to be carkilled so much that it has messed up your stats(not that I care), be annoyed by the same person over and over again, and not being able to fight in the side walk or parking lot? I have experienced that so much.

the problem is that you can't ban for something that is "excessive" or i won't make that rule at least

excessive is subjective and it may just come down to excessive means you killed an admin.

Cars are weapons... you can't take out weapons because people who claim to be good at the game can't defend themselves from them.

------------

oh and chode...

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=11942 :roll:

meh! I guess so, but that's more an idea to get rid of carkillers or the possibilty of being carkilled, i meant discussion.

I justed wanted to see reactions and/or reasons for or against and i agree that a server should be admined any way the owner of the server disires (aslong as it is within the EULA ) so i'm not trying to sway people one way or the other, just looking for opinions and maybe give some people a different perspective on it.

And this is probably more of a gta3 disscussion rather than a VC one as I have found "this rule" more common on gta3 servers, which i believed had something to do with carkill=instantkill which personally i believe is better and more realistic (and a whole lot funnier :lol: )

My opinion for car-kills are that they are bad. One reason and the most important is that the car-n00b is afraid to get out of their car and fight. The person that the car-n00b is trying to car-kill is trying hard to escape and jumping but the person that is car-killing is just sitting back and relaxing using the control keys (or whatever) just aiming at the car-n00b victim. So my advice is that dont car-kill because it wont reflect your real skills and the person that youre trying to car-kill thinks that you cant even handle a gun. Same goes for heli-killing.

It's not THAT easy to kill someone who can dodge (is smart enough to move)

with a car or heli, the whole game is about shooting, killing, running people over, transport etc etc ...basically freedom.

The only people i find iratating are the ones that don't explore this freedom and only do one thing, but i would never kick someone from a server for it.

with a car or heli, the whole game is about shooting, killing, running people over, transport etc etc ...basically freedom.

The only people i find iratating are the ones that don't explore this freedom and only do one thing, but i would never kick someone from a server for it.

yeah well experienced players can dodge quite easilly, but its when ur not expecting it, it gets annoying.

i would kick thou as a last resort, personally

The radar has been invented, and it shows any player coming at you at high speeds. Also not looking to the same direction all the time helps a lot.

stop being so sarcastic - i dont know about you, but im sure not every single player who ever has played mta will look at the radar constantly whilst being able to to play fine. when im in the middle of a shotgun fight, i concentrate on jumping and timing, and often dont look at the radar. obviously im not perfect like u must be, sorry

At most times it is easy because most people are in a the middle of doing something, so that would be an easy kill. GTA was not really focused on cars, it was really about being the best killer and commiting felonies.

stop being so sarcastic - i dont know about you, but im sure not every single player who ever has played mta will look at the radar constantly whilst being able to to play fine. when im in the middle of a shotgun fight, i concentrate on jumping and timing, and often dont look at the radar. obviously im not perfect like u must be, sorry

That just indicates you need more practice. I.ex whilst you are jumping, have a quick look at the radar, there's more than enough time then. :P

GTA was not really focused on cars, it was really about being the best killer and commiting felonies.

Haha, c'mon you surely can't be that stupid, its called Grand Theft Auto ffs!

It is based on vehicles, and missions, and killing, its based on freedom todo whatever you desire, as is MTA.

yeah well experienced players can dodge quite easilly, but its when ur not expecting it, it gets annoying.

ok, some-one runs up, 1 shot stubby kills you (or at least gets you to floor then finishes you) or nades you or chainsaws you...etc.

so what's the difference?