0.3 main.scm is done

trx

I have just finished coding the main.scm for mta 0.3. This means that the mechanical code is working and that I have made some crude team deathmatch gametype just for this release, so we can now make an installer package and start distributing mta 0.3.

Improvements over 0.2:

- At least 12 Players in a game

- Ability to get into any vehicle you come across

- Animated running and sprinting

- Ability to attack each other using an uzi

- Ability to select a starting location (team)

Things that didn't make it:

- Traffic (cars and peds)

- Jumping (on foot)

- Handling different weapons

- Attacking a vehicle

- Gametypes

We will continue to develop our mod, and hope to bring you a better and more enjoyable version soon.

Note: We will not be able to start working on a Vice City mod until there are decent mission editors around that can handle Vice City scripting.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im tottaly cool with the no peds and traffic, now the game will probably not lag and will get to play it like it was meant to be, it will probably be more fun without peds and traffic. i wanna kill real players.

OOKAY SO ITS ALL DIFFERENT? OR WHAT CUZ I HAVNT BEEN ABLE TO GET ON MP WITH GTA 3 YET CUZ I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE MTA YET LOL SO I SORTA NEED SOME HELP :cry:

Let me help you out here, for 0.3 it's real simple:

- Start GTA3

- Start a new game

- Go to desktop (alt-tab)

- Connect the MTA console to a server (via All Seeing Eye)

- Wait for one person to give the 'start' signal

- Return to game (alt-tab)

And, could you like, press the button above your left shift key? I don't like people yelling on my precious topic... I mean, it's my first announcement, and now you yelled all over it. :wink: just kidding, but mind the caps lock please, most people find it annoying (including me).

lol iggy - it will be out very soon, all you haters have gotten mta v0.3, a lite version of what it could have been =P

ANY 0.4 type requests will be deleted ok? - you have an uzi to blast people with.... be merry =)

im pretty sure it will either be released today or tommarow, he said the mod is done now all they have to do is make a installer and upload it to the web. shouldnt take more than a couple hours (even though i have never made a installer, cant be that hard)