Have the gamers ruined 0.5?

I thought about this and I think this is part of the reason why 0.5 isn't that great. All I see is the non stop use of the robber spawn and the switch glitching. I know many people who do it and you all know who you are. Even me sometimes. The only reason why I pick the robber was because about 80% or more of people are there. MTA was also about watching your back, but not this badly. People glitching IMO is what ruins the fun in playing and makes the game worse for other people. What do you think?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes I meant glitchers, but they are usually the regular gamers of VC. There aren't really any glitches in GTA 3 but I also want it added because of abuse. SSV has repetition in it now. Its always the shotgun, but I understand why. The credit glitch. This has forced GTA 3 players to use the shotgun because the credit for the kill is given to the nearest person. I won't lie I do it too. People should really try other guns now and offer training on guns like the uzi or AK47 so the noobs don't lack the skill of other guns than the shotgun.

Yeah stubby glitching won't stop because people always want to have a better advantage than the other player to get the kill. This switch glitching better not be in 0.5.1. If this does happen, I think there will be a few thread complaints on how its not fixed even though you have to buy it. I also hope there won't any threads on bringing the stubby back to spawn with.

The only thing you can do is not use them yourself. If you are proud and happy with the way you play then who cares if some glitcher beats you. What they are doing is wrong. You know it, they know it, who else needs to know.

Just play however you want. That's what this game is all about.

Alright, here's my 2 Cents:

MTA were very 'unintelligent' and therfore it's there fault.

Why? Because, they disallowed the JUMP and allowed the switch glitch back from 0.3!! Why did you do that?! It just made MTA worse. And now Robber FANS who love Robber can still glitch. I mean, if it's there, why not use it? Take it out next time, by the way.. if you do take away switch glitch, jump, and crouch NO ONE WILL EVER SPAWN THAT. Standing with the stubby shotgun and shooting results into a glitch not make the person fall down. Now, I think it should be at the jump, still should jump I mean why not? Bring up the hit percentage on crusadar/take away the 100 glitch. Cops, they're fine... okay MEXICANS, increase the m60 power to like it was in 0.3. Also, take out some stuff, let the game stablize so it's less laggy and desynching. SS, maybe increase MP5 power and give them 25-50 armor. Sailor, uhh they're fine.

By the way, once you get all these animations together and less lagginess SOMETIME, re-allow the jump with the grenades maybe and molotovs. I'd say allow crouch with the stubby shotgun and pump shotgun, but make it so you can't switch glitch it.

They're, it's BOTH MTA and the 'glitchers' fault 0.5 is like the way it is.

Crouch wil be blocked for all weapons until such time as crouching itself is syncd. And thats unlikely to be in 0.5.x. Yes mistakes were made in 0.5 in regards to weapons, thats the great thing about releasing betas though, they show up these issues as we go along.

Crouch wil be blocked for all weapons until such time as crouching itself is syncd. And thats unlikely to be in 0.5.x. Yes mistakes were made in 0.5 in regards to weapons, thats the great thing about releasing betas though, they show up these issues as we go along.

Exactly what I mean't. The only thing you should take out is the switch glitch with the stubby shotgun. Maybe even the pump? But, I'd leave in the jump for now. As for crouch, leave it out or keep it in if you can take out the switch glitch. Crouch glitch: Crouch crouch up switch weapons back. Just take that out.

Yes, as of right now no crouch should even be able to do. Unless you get the animation in...

ang on, so what if you can switch guns early with the stubby, everyone can do it easily so its not like you have any advantage over other players, i know you shouldnt be able to but the fact is everyone can so it dont really matter too bad

I'm a notorious glitcher myself, I agree with you. But, the MTA teams and many other players would like the characters spread out instead of mainly based on the Robber character. So, you could have it more 'spread out' and equal. If you really shot this gun in real life, you'd be crouch still behind something shooting it most likely. Not running around quickly switching your pistol to a stubby-shotgun and shoot and quickly skip the reload and run around quick again to dodge whatever bullets coming after you. Once Blue comes out or GTA:C, we'll be able to take cover behind objects and shoot the heck out of people. Or enjoy the standing still or jump.

the players never ruined mta .5, .5 sucked from the day it was released. i cant quite put my finger on it, but .5 isnt near as much fun as .3 or .2. i dont think "glitchers" ruin the game (i put that in quotes because glitches are a part of the game, using them is just part of it). mta will never be free of glitches because gta itself isnt free of glitches.

also most ppl use the robber because u can hit ppl relatively easy with a stubby, whereas u have to kno tricks of the trade to get a hit to register with most the auto weaps and what not.

When I started playing this in October 2003 MTA was on version 0.2

Even the best players didn't know a fraction of the glitches that are now common knowledge. If they did I might not have ever kept playing because I would have been so far behind the learning curve that I would never be competitive.

Now with all of the experience I have in the game most of the things I do are muscle memory and I don't even realize I am doing them. People who start now are at a huge disadvantage because people like me have been experts at this game for years.

Problem is you can't un-ring the bell and as close as MTA gets to a glitcheless game thier will always be some edge to the vet players based on experience.

I have tried to mitigate that by spreading the word about every little glitch this game has to offer in forums and in the server via the !tip script...

Have the gamers/glitchers (everyone who plays glitches, anyone who tells you otherwise is a glitcher and a liar) ruined MTA? No they have raised the bar and quite possibly raised it out of reach for new players... which is sad

Ya know the most exciting MTA moments? 1 or 2 hours after the release. Afterwards u see it become more unstable... hmm.. lets think about it, now is it just MTA or is it all these people secretly cheating and glitching.. hrmm

Ya know the most exciting MTA moments? 1 or 2 hours after the release. Afterwards u see it become more unstable... hmm.. lets think about it, now is it just MTA or is it all these people secretly cheating and glitching.. hrmm

Yeah I agree with you on that. Those are the best times of MTA. It is a mix of both IMO.

If they would just release a new version every few hours you two ninnies would be happy then...

Nothing is ruined but the older this game gets the longer the learning curve will be for new people.

Glitches have become the new cold war... If you don't use the glitches of the game and try to play 100% like it was HalfLife or something you are stupid...

if you lead people you are glitching... If you accidently jump while shooting you glitched

I prefer everyone knows how to play the game with all the hidden tricks than have new people think everyone cheats and then go away.

If they would just release a new version every few hours you two ninnies would be happy then...

Nothing is ruined but the older this game gets the longer the learning curve will be for new people.

Glitches have become the new cold war... If you don't use the glitches of the game and try to play 100% like it was HalfLife or something you are stupid...

if you lead people you are glitching... If you accidently jump while shooting you glitched

I prefer everyone knows how to play the game with all the hidden tricks than have new people think everyone cheats and then go away.

oh great so everyone in counter strike who leads thier targets are glitching?

glitchings an offense in that game when u do it over and over, plz go and try to present your case so i can laugh at how fucking stupid you are

leading is not glitching, nor will it be however many times you say it

its your way of justifying the fact that your a glitch bitch, sorry losa, doesnt work

i agree with you [KFC]KungFu,

im still fairly new (i started in 0.4.1 (october 2004)) and i still dont know half the tricks ...but i love the game so im trying my best ..:)

all i think u can do if your new, is to find a really experienced player and ask them to train you...

because i did it the hard way and just figure every thing out for myself :S and its taken me about 6 months to get to what most ppl are at 3 monhts into playing...

lol ...or mabye im just not good at it :S...lol

seee ..girls + computer games dont mix to well ..lol

or another way is to get some one to make tutorials on how to play and have a link for it on http://www.mtavc.com near where u down load 0.5 ..

so the new peolpe can learn

or have a few servers that are designed purely for training ...

Have the gamers ruined 0.5?

i think its not only with mta 0.5, i've seen a lot of glitchers, even before mta 0.5. but i think its not the only reason why its ruined now, i mean don't forget the changes of the weapon stats since mta 0.4, the attitude of some ppl(doesn't matter which version was/is the newest): for example, if you kill somebody, that person gets angry and starts flaming(or says things like carnoob,stubbynoob ), there isn't much respect. also the lack of improvement in gameplay(in vice city deathmatch, since it was the main gamemode, dont know which one is now), and as already mentioned: spawnkilling/camping(not just a few players, but almost everyone in the server). don't know about the amount of cheaters now, but a while ago it was a great threat, and they ruined the fun as well.(i guess there are more reasons, but these are the ones i can think of right now)

there was a time when glitchjers were gods of the game...... only vets knew how to use 'em....... for me the thing that destroys the gameplay is the way that ppl can block u.... it's so easy..... almost every n00b do this even when he dont know bout it.... it's really annoying when u know that u have 2 yrs exp and some 2 day wanna-be kills u with Ingram...... sad.....