0.5.x testing update. (08/04/2005 @ 05:03 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those peds were part of an experiment relating to the sync issue, not an attempt to get peds ingame.

if you can get peds on the screen then why dont you sync them for this version

who said they were synced for everyone?

well they could just have random peds for effect

To be honest, MTA has enough "effects" at the moment (e.g. helicopters falling out of the sky, only to reappear in the sky moments later) without people shooting invisible pedestrians and driving invisible cars.

They're good for effect, but what happens if someone starts interacting with them? What happens if someone shoots at you and there are pedestrians in the way on your screen? Do other players just float through pedestrians on your screen or would they run into them (in which case they'd be in a completely different place on their screen to where they are on yours)?

Pedestrians... why do you want them (no offence)? It doesnt make the game more fun or it wouldnt make any difference.

However it would give you more sense of being in a populated city, and make it feel more like the single player game.

basically coz the city is too damned empty and dull without them

Not really 'f*cked up' is it, It would be fun to shoot a few peds now and then, and they do make the 'background' look better, i don't know why they aren't in mta, and what the problems are with them, but if it was possible even unsynced peds would make the game slightly better (if it didn't bring any other issues up)

the prob with peds it that if we put them into the game (synced)it would creat a tremencous amount of lag and bassically make the game unplayable

maybe on day the the far future you will see synced peds with MTA but that day is not today.....

I'll just quote myself:

They're good for effect, but what happens if someone starts interacting with them? What happens if someone shoots at you and there are pedestrians in the way on your screen? Do other players just float through pedestrians on your screen or would they run into them (in which case they'd be in a completely different place on their screen to where they are on yours)?

Peds blockin' bullets? They only take like 2 or 3 shots and they go down :P

I do see what you mean though, but would it be as bad as whats happenin' now? out of sync vehicles, u can always stand on top or behind a vehicle someone else doesnt see and shoot eachother.