I cant kill anyone

Guest pcproa

Hi Everyone

I have a problem which no one seems to know anything about. I start up MTA 0.5 and connect to a server. Then I start GTA VC 1.1 and I get into a multiplayer game. I go to someone to fight with full health, and I open fire on them. They're obviously affected as my choice of weapon will sometimes knock them down. Today I also tried using the chainsaw on someone, and based on how much I did, it definately would've killed them, but their healthbar stays unaffected no matter how much I hit them. They eventually get enough hits on me and it's enough after a while to kill me but absolutely nothing happens to them. I can even drive to someone at full speed and when my car hits them, it either gets pushed to the side while they still stand, or runs them over, and they get back up and run away, while still not being affected. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thanks a lot

Hi JonChappell. I'm running on a small LAN with Cable as the source of internet. My ping time is averaging around 120. My Computer is an Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz.

Any ideas?

thanks

This has been covered many times before, MTA is a beta and is primarily client side, this means what you see in your game isnt necessarily what everyone else sees (your bullets hitting them for instance) Ignore knockdown animations, ignore blood spurt animations, take note ONLY of thier health bar, aim ahead, a lot if you or your target has a high ping. If your both hitting each other (standing still with m4 for instance) this can cause a deadlock where you both see the other being hit but not shooting (resulting in neither of you getting hit) so move a little then fire again - never a god idea to stay still too long anyway.

Hi Everyone

Vicer

I ran three tests throughout the day at http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

The average of my 3 results results showed 759.1kb/s.

MrBump

Where has it been covered before? I've been looking for days on any information regarding the topic and there's nothing. No one know's what's going on. Yes, I know that MTA is in a beta version, and prone to certain situations, so it's understandable, but no one else has the problem. I would think that even if the condition is entirely true, there would be a point where my bullet would eventually hit someone and affect their health, or my car would eventually hit them and kill or hurt them. I was in one game, and I shot at someone alot of times, and they said to me that rightfully he should be dead. On his end he got hit and fell so many times, but his health always stayed the same. After I finally decided to forget it and ran away, he ran up to me, hit me a few times and killed me. I barely ever stay still and try to kill someone.

Then today I tried selling a few vehicles. I sold a few, the msgs from the administrator said it was sold, but I didnt have any numbers in the "money bar" in the top right corner of the screen. Then someone killed me, and it said all that money was lost.

What do you think? Does any of this verify, or does it go against what you're saying?

Thanks

Where? on this forum, many times, sometimes stretching to pages of discussion. Nobody knows? hehe, do you know how new that makes you sound? Most players who've stuck it out for more than a couple of hours play know all about the issues, and now you do too.

Hi Everyone

Talidan

With the money thing, I'm not entirely sure. I get money after selling a vehicle per say, but it doesnt show anything being aquired in the money section on my screen. I am able to deposit any withdraw money though. But I'm not able to do anything other than that. After using the various features, I don't understand what the money is really for. People say you can buy hores, drugs, guns and things in the game. I dont see any of those things available though. The Ammunation Shops are open, but I cant purchase anything from there. There's no option like when you're in gameplay by yourself.

MrBump

I know I'm new. I'm not ashamed if anyone believes it's a bad thing. I'm more than willing to admit it. I said nobody knows because everyone I've asked has had a response as if it's a first and they've never, or dont know anyone that has experienced a problem like that. I appreciate the information though. I know lots of players have stuck it out for more than a couple hours to know the issues, but even through searching, I wasnt able to find anything. I guess I was just using the wrong search term. Thank you very much though.

JonChappell

Thank you very much. I was looking for that. I haven't read the entire thing yet, but some of the things just don't apply to me. I've tried a few, which havent worked. Maybe I'm just too slow or something. I dont really like having the unfair advantage and getting killed despite my efforts, so I may just wait until the next release to see if the problem was addressed. Thank you for your findings and all your help.

Thanks again

With the money thing, it's a custom script that's made for the chat which i believe is just IRC..

So your money is saved to your name on IRC but it has no effect on GTA, at least i think so anyway.

I've probably explained it wrong so it'd be best if someone else tried to answer that 'problem'

Talidan

With the money thing, I'm not entirely sure. I get money after selling a vehicle per say, but it doesnt show anything being aquired in the money section on my screen. I am able to deposit any withdraw money though. But I'm not able to do anything other than that. After using the various features, I don't understand what the money is really for. People say you can buy hores, drugs, guns and things in the game. I dont see any of those things available though. The Ammunation Shops are open, but I cant purchase anything from there. There's no option like when you're in gameplay by yourself.

The ability to change money is done via a script which resides on the server and doesn't interface in any way with GTA. This means that it cannot update the amount of money on the HUD.

Regarding Ammunations, these are not currently supported in Vice City but will be in the next version, 0.5.1. No release date is known for this. However, Pay 'n' Sprays are currently supported in GTA3 if you want to use them.

JonChappell

Thank you very much. I was looking for that. I haven't read the entire thing yet, but some of the things just don't apply to me. I've tried a few, which havent worked. Maybe I'm just too slow or something. I dont really like having the unfair advantage and getting killed despite my efforts, so I may just wait until the next release to see if the problem was addressed. Thank you for your findings and all your help.

They have addressed some synchronisation problems in 0.5.1 (see the most recent news post on the homepage for an example), so hopefully this will improve your situation. If not, MTA Blue is in development which offers improved aiming and reduced bandwidth usage. More details: http://www.mtablue.info