MTA Team and fans of MTA

Guest BazW

I'll start by asking a simple question. Any of you tired of modders coming into your no modding servers and ruining your game? Day after day I see countless posts about cheaters doing this and that and how most people have grown tired of it. I cant say I blame you either, theres nothing fun about someone else health hacking or flying cars around when your trying to play a straight up game. Lets put a stop to it shall we? Some of you may know me as the guy who makes all the cracks for the MTA client. I'm going to let you in on a secret..... I'm not making cracks anymore. There will be no more cracks for MTA clients. Why you ask? We wont need them anymore. Its time for the MTA team to stop ignoring the modding community and do something that benefits both modders and legit players alike. Its time to release a modding only server/client. Now some people (myself included) have seen the MTA team come back with the answer, "Doing that would require significant netcode, client, and server recoding". Truth of the matter is, I did it in 45 minutes. Now if a guy who doesn't even have the source code can do it in 45 minutes how long do you really think it would take the MTA team? We all know that MTA:Blue will support modding but its not out, and from what I hear isn't even close to being out. Modders are hear NOW, not later. Some of you may remember the Bots that were used in v0.4.#. MTA supposedly patched them out in v0.5. Let me tell you that bots are back. You need not fear yet.... a bot hasn't and wont be made public for 0.5.0. I want to give the MTA team time to embrace the modding community with this upcoming release(0.5.1). If we don't see a modding only server/client I wont be holding back. I will publicly release Bots that will completely ruin game play. I will develop programs to crash servers and clients then publicly release them. We have asked nicely for these changes and nothing was done. That time is over, swallow your pride and get to work.

Lets actually let people read this and not delete it. They deserve to know whats happening.

To much text,

But I can create a modding server/client in less then 1 minute!!!!!

Just make a server with "MODDING ALOWED" in it and ur done.

And the project "Undectectible" (Fack spelling), will always be detectible.

MTA:mA > Bots

• MTA Team

You are twisting the facts. We never stated it would take a lot of work. But what good would it do in the end? What fun is there for a cheater if everyone cheats on a server? Nothing so they will still be cheating in servers they are not allowed to.

At this moment we are adressing the problem of cheating and this includes modding with an aproach that bans all mods and cheats. You don't go building bridges in any other MP game do you? Or do you see flying cars in NFS:U for example? No you don't.

The current core can not handle mods. All you did in 45 minutes is remove the checks for it. What we want to do is create checks to make sure that anyone who joins has the same mods installed and loaded as within any other mp game.

Get your facts straight or shut the f*ck up

We all know that MTA:Blue will support modding but its not out, and from what I hear isn't even close to being out.

What you hear from who? Some random guy in a chatroom?

Modders are hear NOW, not later. Some of you may remember the Bots that were used in v0.4.#. MTA supposedly patched them out in v0.5. Let me tell you that bots are back. You need not fear yet.... a bot hasn't and wont be made public for 0.5.0. I want to give the MTA team time to embrace the modding community with this upcoming release(0.5.1).

If cracking the client is so easy, why are you even asking for a mod-friendly version?

If we don't see a modding only server/client I wont be holding back. I will publicly release Bots that will completely ruin game play. I will develop programs to crash servers and clients then publicly release them. We have asked nicely for these changes and nothing was done. That time is over, swallow your pride and get to work.

Do you really think they're going to back down just because you threatened them?

I'd just like to add a couple cents here. This doesn't only apply to BazW, but everyone like him/her.

Foremost, threats and blackmailing will not get you anywhere. We owe no service to you. We are creating absolutely free software which without you wouldn't even HAVE a name or be known in the first place. We do this on our time, not yours, and we play by our rules. And it will stay that way. Always.

Now that we've got that out of the way...

The previous core is not something we wish to build or make major enhancements upon. Creating modding abilities is considered a major enhancement. We are also interested in creating software that actually works. Given the nature of how we program the MTA clients, stability is a very big issue. Therefore, we will not jeopardize stability for an additional feature. For this you will have to wait. Learn to be patient.

I am baffled that people still seem to think that being forward with us (demands, threats, etc.) will get them what they want. Though we have the best interests of the community as a whole in mind, we cannot please all of you. If you have a remotely useful suggestion that could actually benefit the project, we'd appreciate it if you'd let us know in a professional manner. Otherwise, if you have steam to vent please do not bother using our forum as we do not tolerate this type of behavior (stated in the forum guidelines).

Thanks,

-Derek Abdine