[WIP] Ash - UI Framework (Better than dxGUI?)

specahawk

Ash - UI Framework  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Like what you see?

• Yes
    • No

Looks interesting, I've also been working on my own element-based DXGUI for a little while now, but it's rather tedious and boring - I much prefer to work on other things. :P So this would be a welcome addition.

One thing though is that something about it feels... pixel-y? If that makes sense, which it probably doesn't - but it might just be the screenshots being low quality?

Personally I'm a bit reluctant to using compiled resources as I'm the kind of guy that want the highest possible control and security on my server, so I'll check it out once open source is publicly available.

Keep up the good work! :)

23 minutes ago, Dealman said:

Looks interesting, I've also been working on my own element-based DXGUI for a little while now, but it's rather tedious and boring - I much prefer to work on other things. :P So this would be a welcome addition.

One thing though is that something about it feels... pixel-y? If that makes sense, which it probably doesn't - but it might just be the screenshots being low quality?

Personally I'm a bit reluctant to using compiled resources as I'm the kind of guy that want the highest possible control and security on my server, so I'll check it out once open source is publicly available.

Keep up the good work! :)

The orange cat image is 64 pixels tall upscaled to 128 pixels, so the source image is pixely in this case.

The panes, buttons etc are not pixely. They are drawn using dx functions as usual.

Thanks for the reply!

1 minute ago, specahawk said:

The orange cat image is 64 pixels tall upscaled to 128 pixels, so the source image is pixely in this case.

The panes, buttons etc are not pixely. They are drawn using dx functions as usual.

Thanks for the reply!

Got ya, but the text looks rather peculiar as well, specifically the text that was inherited from a button. Almost as if it has a green-ish outline?

Or maybe I'm starting to get old and my eyes starting to betray me :(

Edited by Dealman
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...