Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.5.3 is almost ready, but needs more testing

jhxp

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I have determined that 1.5.3 breaks some scripts. Already sent a notice with info out to ccw.

Theoretically this can be the case in more scenarios, scripts wont always function. An earlier build last week had also a script bug but it was fixed without clear commit which did so (likely in net) but new ones popped up.

• Like 1

I have a question. Would I need to re-add all the stuff I have on my server (some scripts are integrated into default resources, others I've edited a lot) when I update it to 1.5.3 ?

Edited by koragg
or just core files (not resources) are updated? Maybe a list with them would be cool if that's the case as I don't remember everything I've done nor how I've done it as it's been a year since I made my server.
  • MTA Team

If it's a Linux server, then you can download the core package without resources. If it's a Windows server, then you can install the mod locally, then copy over just the binary files to your server.

You can also check what resources were changed in the change log or in the resources project page commits list (from December 2015 upwards) and update your core resources accordingly (if needed).

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, jhxp said:

If it's a Linux server, then you can download the core package without resources. If it's a Windows server, then you can install the mod locally, then copy over just the binary files to your server.

You can also check what resources were changed in the change log or in the resources project page commits list (from December 2015 upwards) and update your core resources accordingly (if needed).

Forgot to mention, it's a Windows one, yea. OK then, can't wait for final release, probably gonna install test version on my W10 laptop to help you guys out with bug reporting soon.

I will update my World War II server completely to 1.5.3 tonight. The improved LOD streaming made Berlin-Mitte finally playable (with some modifications).

I use always the latest nightly and had basically never issues.

€DIT: there is still an issue with Killmessages randomly not deleting message lines when the client is minimized. It's caused by onClientRender randomly failing when minimized. I fixed this by deleting all killmsg lines onClientRestore. I try to research this.  

Edited by Einheit-101
7 hours ago, jhxp said:

@CodyL according to the change log it should include improved LOD streaming. It is an RC build so it's what we would release as a final build if there were no known problems with it.

Alright sweet that'll put my launch date back on time. My streamer depends on the new Lod streaming.

Also quick thing, installer poster here doesn't seam to work right (Could just be my internet messing with me). But the installer directly from the nightly build site works.

Edited by CodyL
3 minutes ago, Developer Ahmed said:

اعتقد ان الشباب ما عاد يلعبو هاذي اللعبة متل زمان
-----------------------------------------------
I think a lot of players no longer play this game !

What are you talking about? There are like 20k players playing per day

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 hour ago, RizoN said:

What are you talking about? There are like 20k players playing per day

Concurrent, yes. (so the total of unique players per day is much higher) At most western timezone common times. For people where it's daytime and for us midnight 6AM, it can be a different outlook.

Although there's always people like Ahmed who argue its not worth ''updating'' MTA on each version announcement (falsely, because MTA is in the Top 5 of global multiplayer games and by playercounts even outraces major game titles.

I would advise Ahmed to read this before saying such a thing: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/15/why-a-million-people-still-play-multiplayer-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-every-month/

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 2
  • MTA Team

If you guys are looking for some info about our player counts stats, read on.

So far, this month's peak concurrent player counts are 20-21k vs 24-25k players (weekdays vs weekends), with peaks usually happening at 17.30 UTC.

As for daily total unique player counts, for the last five weeks they were 110-120k vs 138k-142k players (again, weekdays vs weekends). There was actually a record set for that on 4th of September - we had 142,785 unique players that day.

There was a slight drop in unique monthly player counts from August (626,167 players, an all-time high!) to September (582,373) - ~43,8k, but it is nothing out of ordinary. We had similar drops in the past for these two months (~46k in 2015, ~48,6k in 2014, ~20k in 2013 etc.)

• Like 1
  • jhxp locked and unfeatured this topic