Vehicle parts rotation

Daniels69

Hello dear mtasa community, i have found an issue , i can't really set vehicle wheel rotation with setVehicleComponentRotation, they just don't rotate, other components do.. 
Some one knows where is the problem?

--wheel_rb_dummy
addEventHandler("onClientVehicleEnter", getRootElement(),
    function()
        local theVeh = getPedOccupiedVehicle(localPlayer)
        if (theVeh) then
            local rx, ry, rz = getVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "wheel_rb_dummy") --get the rotation of the component
                setVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "wheel_rb_dummy", rx, ry+10, rz)       
        end
    end
)

Edited by Daniels69
3 hours ago, Daniels69 said:

Hello dear mtasa community, i have found an issue , i can't really set vehicle wheel rotation with setVehicleComponentRotation, they just don't rotate, other components do.. 
Some one knows where is the problem?

--wheel_rb_dummy
addEventHandler("onClientVehicleEnter", getRootElement(),
    function()
        local theVeh = getPedOccupiedVehicle(localPlayer)
        if (theVeh) then
            local rx, ry, rz = getVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "wheel_rb_dummy") --get the rotation of the component
                setVehicleComponentRotation(theVeh, "wheel_rb_dummy", rx, ry+10, rz)       
        end
    end
)

Use setVehicleHandling to rotate the wheels.

As far as I'm aware you can not rotate the wheels by using setVehicleHandling. I would believe the wheels are managed by the engine and as such you can't really modify them.

Maybe this is something that could be added as a feature request, I'm guessing it should be possible since the water riding cheat modifies the wheel rotation.

Edited by Dealman
  • 1 month later...