MTA:mA 4.0 script language

Aeron

What script language do you want in MTA:mA 4.0?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What script language do you want in MTA:mA 4.0?

• mIRC Script
    • Java Script
    • php
    • c++
    • perl
    • vb
    • Something else (Post suggestion)

I've worked with an old 0.4 program (Aeron will know which one) which was written in c++ and had nice javascipt parsing for scripting.

This included object orientation, and very easy debugging on several Java scripting building platforms. moreover, it can be compiled for all operating systems, and might even include stats logging.

As Java script has all simple functions included, with a very nice and understandable layout and scripting gammar, i vote for C++/Javascript

You know how to contact me for support and questions, i think this would be a big improvement.

php is a script language as well as mircscript is. It is not designed for server tasks, or running constanly. Building a admin program in php wont be a option because of this, it'll be far too slow.

Programming in php has advantges, but the main problem is Aeron has to write a php parser for it. And because php is quite a messy language (for example " and ' quotes, $var['index'] and $var -> index ) this would be quite a hell.

Addition: sent something for his information to Aeron

i guess it wouldn't be hard to make a C++ program interface with an IRC client.. so that could still be possible with some more work on that side.

My main concern is whether this will be "necessary" in the future of MTA.

• 10 months later...

Why? THe php is for ppl that dont uderstand c++? Make a decent php program right away, or do it completelyin c++. The only acceptable other option is a java engine in c++, that kinda fast as well. Parsing partial php is way too slow.

Nice Bump btw..

Why? THe php is for ppl that dont uderstand c++? Make a decent php program right away, or do it completelyin c++. The only acceptable other option is a java engine in c++, that kinda fast as well. Parsing partial php is way too slow.

Nice Bump btw..

• 2 weeks later...

visual basic would be better i think

its easy to make your own IRC client and make an script program with the "microsoft script control" component who's make it prosible to make an script engine with easy (with that you can let it read scripts from an .txt file and even your own extensions!).

and visual Basic is probly the easiest to learn.

its easy to make an script engine like MTA:MA in vb.

C++ is quite easy, but the best will be to make KVirc script ; it's very simple and like mIRC script, and KVirc is open source and multi-platform (Linux users will be able to run every time MTA:mA without having to run Windows in another place).

PS : but I don't know if it's possible to make MTA server connection, I tried a very bit scripting but some scripts I downloaded do a lot of things.

PS2 : Sorry if it's bad english :oops: