Revisit MTA version 0.3

Yes please do. Go to the other side and see how dissapointingly green the grass really is, then perhaps the newer players will appreciate how far MTA has come since, and the older players will get that retro glow and think about the many positives rather than the two negatives in 0.5 (VCC and Stubby).

Do remember to have Star Trek the original series on your TV and Jive Bunny on your radio. :P

Yes please do. Go to the other side and see how dissapointingly green the grass really is, then perhaps the newer players will appreciate how far MTA has come since, and the older players will get that retro glow and think about the many positives rather than the two negatives in 0.5 (VCC and Stubby).

Do remember to have Star Trek the original series on your TV and Jive Bunny on your radio. :P

So in your estimation 0.5 is The Next Generation? Pff.

I think it's still the original series, but an episode where they had a bigger budget and turned out a rubbish episode.

More features does not mean more fun or better gameplay.

Take one of the biggest leaps forward in 0.4/0.5 - more accurate aiming. This has created the worst (in my opinion) bug in MTA - the deadlock effect.

I've played 0.3 more this week than I've played 0.5. I really only play 0.5 in matches.

In 0.3 you aim at a certain point and you know you're going to hit the other player. I also find it easy to hit people with a high ping.

Both of these are unpredictable in 0.5 - you have no idea whether a shot will hit the other player and the other player's shots regularly go in wild directions.

I am not making any judgements about the current version

Many people are looking back fondly or wondering what it is like I am just letting them know they can easily play 0.3

You don't even have to uninstall the latest version

Copy your VC folder and install MTA 0.3 to that folder and you can have them both installed at the same time. You just have to reset game path when you go back to MTA 0.3

The good ol' days..

I don't quite remember which was better though, 0.2 or 0.3? They both seemed the same to me. For MTA Team: Please move the robbers back to the robber SPAWN. Not gay Phils in that grummy area. Move it back to Prawn Island, it'll bring back more memories, and it'll be awesome like it use to be. The film studio 1v1.. the stunting off the fountain.. the 'heli killin' time from the heli on top of the roof'.. the sniping off of the buildings and film studio..the glitching to the other island hehe (the unsolid wall)..

Anyways.. just bring it back to Prawn Island, please? Or have a wide MTA vote.

The good ol' days..

I don't quite remember which was better though, 0.2 or 0.3? They both seemed the same to me. For MTA Team: Please move the robbers back to the robber SPAWN. Not gay Phils in that grummy area. Move it back to Prawn Island, it'll bring back more memories, and it'll be awesome like it use to be. The film studio 1v1.. the stunting off the fountain.. the 'heli killin' time from the heli on top of the roof'.. the sniping off of the buildings and film studio..the glitching to the other island hehe (the unsolid wall)..

Anyways.. just bring it back to Prawn Island, please? Or have a wide MTA vote.

I don't think there will be the same classes anymore like the robber. Since you can get to choose your spawn, we should vote to make that a spawn. For now play 0.3 for the good memories. Those times it was more about fun than looking how many bugs were there. We put up with the bugs and it was still fun.

im suprised how many people wont put up wi th the bugs in 0.5, yes it has problems, but i can live with it until 0.5.1

I think it's because they're new(er) to MTA and didn't see the older versions *remembers the complicated way you had to join the game in GTA3:MTA 0.3b*

i may drpo by, not sure

mtama for server 0.3 patch 1 (or server 0.3.1) can be found HERE if u need it

I have it running but I am not sure what scripts are possible

I am using MTAMA 2.013

Manhunt seems to work I just need a few more players

Im interested in getting some newer stuff going mainly challenge and admin

this is pre admin+ so most stuff isnt' possible

I did that but back when this was out it was from January 2004 until July 31st 2004

Much has advanced in scripting since then and if anyone wanted to help getting some of the newer non admin + stuff working with the old MTAMA I would appreciate it.

I agree with Blokker that MTA has come a long way and I like the new version warts and all...

0.3 is fun.. .spaz is fun... I just need some help getting it scripted

Kungfu: just use my old ingame admin script, It dates back to around then and I believe I gave it to you at the time for the Partyserver

I have that working now, thanks

It's not exactly the same one but it's Aeron's from this forum

Oli thinks he has an old GRS that works with that version... if so we are all set...

Right now we have 15/26 players playing 0.3 mostly at robber... great time