banned from school??

Has your school banned the MTA site?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Has your school banned the MTA site?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
mta isntblocked here, but google translator is, and i cant get a proxy to work right :S

i got http://www.multiproxy.com at home but it rarely works :S

but if u can get a proxy setup, and get off ur schools proxy, they couldnt trace where u been or block any sites... FREEDOM

lol dre not exactly, first of all, the last time i checked u were still on a school computer, and a lot of schools use programs that i like to refer to as "looking over the shoulder" programs. they let u see EXACTLY what the user is doing on the computer, dont ask me how i know this, since this information isnt exactly supposed to be posted on forums :wink: but trust me its true.

as far as proxies being untracable, its still possible for them to check what uve been doing if they examine the logs right, becuz some schools even use programs simular to keystroke loggers. but usually those are just private schools, and they make u sign a computer use policy first. but at my high school(public) they used all kinds of spy programs that you will never even know are running (they can hide them from the alt tab list altogether) so u might wanna be a little more careful dre :wink: and on top of that, there is also the internet history thats stored on computers. unless they have a hard drive(like centurion) that loads its own image every time u reboot the computer.(wont let u make changes to the hd in any way)

but as far as proxies go, they are indeed mana from heaven when you know the network admin :P how else do u think i got through high school's boring networking classes :wink:

Heh, I know what programs your talking bout death I've seen them being used before, they also allow you to take over the pc and do basicly whatever you want, like closed programs or format harddrives ;) fun stuff that is.

but chances are that if your in a pub school system, the network admins arn't being paided enuf to really give a shit about what your doing as long as its not more work for them :)

hehe how correct u are mr bill, those are what these programs do indeed :wink: as far as admin's not giving a shit, ur right about that, i did so many "questionable" things that broke that policy that i should have never been allowed to touch a computer (lol i even helped other students learn to use proxies), but of coure who gives a rats @## what your doing if your not being paid enuf right? :D

because there block list registers it as 2 different sites :D theyre problem, ur benefit :D but dont worry, itl more then likely be blocked soon if they see enuf peeps on it.

ya unfortunently it is sad, wtf are they thinkin to even ban this site in the first place...

lol but i find it funny that the people who do these bans have kind of evolved into mythical figures. the ones that can do anything.

hehe, they didnt catch me :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't bothered visiting the MTA site from school as I have no need to do so since Vice City isnt on their network (or like any school does :D ) Anyways, Grand Theft Auto is a "M" rated game and it is usually blocked as it promotes violence. It does somewhat promote Criminal Skill activity in a hilarious sort of way as very few (but there are those who shoot because of the influence) do things in real life from a video game.

Also keep in mind as some "modern" (yeah right) networked schools monitor where you visit and what you do. If your busted... well not like something bad happens, they'll probably just take your computer use privilages away. :roll:

ok heres the status on my cgiproxy:

after cgi was enabled on my webspace, mod_perl wasnt installed. we installed that as well as sum ssl thing (not openssl). now, it kinda works. ssl still wont work but mta doesnt use it. so i "fixed" this problem, even though mta was never banned in my skewl in teh 1st place

cgiproxy pwns ass