0.5.x testing update. (29/03/2005 @ 17:12 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

draw the line?

Sorry I should have clarified

0.5 has many issues and some are easier to fix than others

I was asking that you draw the line between getting everything perfect and releasing it next year or just fixing the crusader problem and releasing a quick fix

In light of all the wonderful things blue will be we can settle for the same ol MTA with less bugs now...

Just a thought... however it shakes out I'll still be playing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no such thing as a quick fix. Some things have had to be totally redesigned to put rest to a number of problems. All changes are bugfix driven however rather than 'lets add this, this and this it'd be really cool'.

There's no such thing as a quick fix. Some things have had to be totally redesigned to put rest to a number of problems. All changes are bugfix driven however rather than 'lets add this, this and this it'd be really cool'.

The only problem is that it's April 1st tomorrow, which means about 9 weeks until SA for PC. Assuming that Blue is still on target to be released before SA, that unfortunately doesn't leave very long.

Remember we dont promise release dates, getting Blue out before SA would have its pros and cons, besides all copies of GTAVC don't self destruct on that day.

Remember the popularity of gta3mta0.4 and 0.5 and just how old gta3 is.

"Original" is an

obvious choice as it is the way the game was meant to be played.

The single player game yes. If people want everything as close to single player as possible then we would of course have to give you, the player, similar hitpoints to an NPC to reflect this, meaning 2 colt 45 shots would kill you. MTA Instagib anyone?

Oh my god that would rock. Please do! Or at least offer it as an option ;)

The Beta Team began testing a new vehicle handling method for 0.5.x VC last night. If it works out it should streamline the process considerably resulting in a cleaner scm with more room for 'extras' along with increased stability. The test brought to light a few problems with it but we are hopeful that these can be ironed out over the next few days.

The test also involved a few weapon changes which are designed to reduce glitching and improve the overall balance, these are still very much a work in progress however.

;)