0.5.x testing update. (29/03/2005 @ 17:12 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

The Beta Team began testing a new vehicle handling method for 0.5.x VC last night. If it works out it should streamline the process considerably resulting in a cleaner scm with more room for 'extras' along with increased stability. The test brought to light a few problems with it but we are hopeful that these can be ironed out over the next few days.

The test also involved a few weapon changes which are designed to reduce glitching and improve the overall balance, these are still very much a work in progress however.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is an example of weapon glitching? (other example than the stubby glitch)

I won't go into too much detail, don't want everyone to start doing them really:

There's the nade/molotovs glitch where you can throw one, then walk around and on other screens continuously throwing them.

There's the m4 glitch where you can seem to be walking while shooting on the other screen and be almost invincible against other m4s.

And i'm sure there's some others i don't know about.

sounding good. of course last time you guys tried to reduce glitching it didn't turn out so well (.5.0) :wink:

Yo do cars spin? Cause If they do i thx that it wll be a cool test. Like cars spin a 720 degrees and then stop. I thx thats the rule 4 cars 2 turn.

huh? :?

On the subject of car control, it would be nice if it had kind of a realistic feeling to it, like when turning a corner, letting go of the acceleration and once turned then hitting it, should boost you round the corner, but this currently is not the case.

That would be a nice addition i must say.

MTA isn't about altering vehicle handling in Deathmatch. It will remain the same as it does in single player.

I think there's a little bit of confusion. When Bump said "vehicle handling method", many people assumed that he meant modifying the handling to make the cars faster or heavier for example.

Does he actually mean something similar to this? http://www.mtavc.com/archive.php?nummer=170

The Beta Team began testing a new vehicle handling method for 0.5.x VC last night. If it works out it should streamline the process considerably resulting in a cleaner scm with more room for 'extras' along with increased stability. The test brought to light a few problems with it but we are hopeful that these can be ironed out over the next few days.

The test also involved a few weapon changes which are designed to reduce glitching and improve the overall balance, these are still very much a work in progress however.

While I look forward to see what the next release will be like, a growing number of us are playing 0.3 again. It is amazing how much better the gameplay is with the unmolested weapon.dat. It's easier to kill, easier to be killed and the fight dynamics are much

more intense. Best of all, it's just like GTA but with multi player. I don't know what game

mta 0.5 is trying to be but it sure as hell isn't GTA multiplayer.

If only we had the action of 0.3 with the stability of 0.5.